Windy but nice for walking .....

22nd  February 2017 (Wednesday) ....  10.30  Jings there’s a fair breeze blowing today.... it certainly blows the cobwebs away.    “Storm Doris” is on ‘her’ way
Elie.
right enough.    I walked over the ‘wee course’ and down Woodside Road then back home, via a meandering route, to Ivy ... a total distance of 3.46 kilometres (2.1 miles).    I had two stops: the first one at the surgery to make an appointment, the second at the ‘Paper Shop’.    I had 94 subsidiary stops ... to take photographs!
   I feel really fresh... and lively .... I  might go out again in the afternoon... after the light lunch at Colinsburgh.   

Elie.
21.30     Oh my word:   it seems that storm ‘Doris’ is going to disturb the tranquillity that exists at the Centre of the Universe;   we might waken up to s-n-o-w tomorrow morning.   This is ‘bad’ .... in fact it’s ‘bad bad’.     Of course the snow might only be on the higher ground .... such as the ‘Pony Field!    In anticipation, of naughty ‘Doris’, I transferred a Lemon Meringue Pie from the freezer to the fridge:   Jimmy and I will have a quarter each in the morning... and depending on how bad the weather is, we’ll have another quarter each in the afternoon.   We won’t have any chocolate!    “Puku” likes bad bad weather.

I’ve had a ‘happy’ day .... talking to lots of folk.     I went up to the ‘lite bite’ lunch at Colinsburgh and had great time:  I feel that I am back ‘home’ again.... it’s great what a bit of blethering can do.    Having said that my bedtime reading:   a book I got for Christmas called “A Sussex Miscellany” is full of Sussex lore, and history ... all of
Elie.
which is interesting, and some of which  =’s places to visit.   

Elie was looking good, (it always does), this morning;  and there seemed to be a lot ‘going on’... perhaps it was the wind that gave me this impression.   I, without doubt, enjoyed my walk:   unfortunately, if ‘Doris’ is as ‘naughty’ as she is forecast to be .... walking might not be on the agenda tomorrow.    Eating Lemon Meringue Pie will be!
My router is acting up.... probably a weather thing.    It’ll settle down in a wee while I imagine;   I’m hoping to update the Hutte before I go to bed!


Photographs : Top  - the West end of Woodside Road, Elie, Middle – Elie High Street from the East, and Bottom – a breezy looking Elie from the bents.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....