Bright, sunny and breezy ....

16th February 2017 (Thursday)  .... 09.00     It’s bright and breezy at the “Centre of The Universe” this morning;   a lovely morning, but cool in the brisk
Morning time at Elie.
westerly wind.    I’m thinking of doing housework (small amount of) before wandering down to the beach for low tide... 11.15.   It is vital that  I do not allow myself to be sidetracked, as I’ve to be in Anstruther for 12.30. 


21.30    Who’s a clever boy? ... Yep ... Me!     I didn’t get sidetracked, and managed to be in Anstruther for 12.30 to have the new ‘specs’ fitted.    That only took a few minutes so I wandered along Shore Road before going up to the ‘Store’ to buy porridge.    I couldn’t find the normal packets of Scott’s Porridge Oats and ended up buying a box full of 13, individual portion sachets, an expensive way to buy porridge.    I’ll get a proper packet next time I’m in Sainsbury’s.... or some similar shop.

  
Kincraig cliffs-  Earlsferry
Tomorrow morning I’ll be having porridge Virgin Train style;  almost i.e.  The ‘Store’ didn’t appear to have Maple Syrup, which is what Virgin Train cooks use so I will have to make do with honey.   I’m looking forward to this energy loaded breakfast!
I had a good walk  along the beach, and ‘roond the Chapel’ this morning;   it was braw out walking, but cold in the wind.    Jimmy was in ‘residence’ when I arrived back at Ivy, so we had a cuppa before he went orf home;   I got ready to go to Anstruther.

The ‘Drop in Cafe’ was steady this afternoon;  it was good seeing everyone again, and catching up with all the local ‘news’.    Jimmy went orf to the harbour, so I followed him down but he must have gone to St Monans harbour ‘cos he wasn’t at Elie harbour.    There were a few holiday makers at the harbour area... all well wrapped up,
Anstruther.
because harbours are the cauldest of places on cauld days!  
 
It is forecast to be overcast with the chance of bright spells tomorrow, .... and less windy.    I’m going to catch up with some housework, including doing an ironing.... then I’ll go for a walk.


Photographs : Top – Elie beach, Middle – Kincraig cliffs Earlsferry, and Bottom – Anstruther Wester from the west pier. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....