Overcast with rain 'on and off' .....

26th February 2017 (Sunday) .....  09.00    My ‘plan’ for this morning was to walk up to Kinneuchar Kirk;  the idea being to combine physical well
Kilconquhar Church.
being with spiritual well being, however it’s raining so the physical well being will have to wait until after lunch.   There was a red sky sunrise this morning ....  not a good sign.   

I’m in ‘mild flap on’ state ....  a cuppa  is required, after which I’ll get myself into gear, and organised.

21.00     Kinneuchar kirk was well crowded today;  with a lot of strangers in the congregation.... of course that could be because I haven’t been at the kirk for a while!     The photograph I’ve uploaded to ‘The Hutte’  doesn’t really show the number of people  at the actual ‘service’:   the photo was taken after the service.... when many of the congregation had meandered, either off home, or through to the ‘coffee hall’.    It was an enjoyable service, and the sermon, about Antioch (Syria) was interesting:  Antioch was where the word ‘Christian’ first came into use    That bit I found fascinating... since then I’ve “Googled” it, and the history of the city is really
Coffee time at Kinneuchar kirk.
interesting:  it’s not that far from the modern, and infamous “Aleppo”. 
  
The weather has never been ‘bonnie’ today;   I believe the best of it was when we were in the kirk.    Oh, that reminds me ... I’ve got to tell you;   a gentleman who was sharing ‘my’ pew, gave the hymns ‘laldie’ .... he was a real singer.... and one of the ‘strangers’.    I hope the folks in front didn’t think it was me;  they’d want me in the choir it they did!

There was ‘coffee after the service’;   which I forced myself to get involved with..... it’s always a good time for a natter, and for me to catch up with all that’s been going on while I was down in “Sunny Sussex”.

Venus is bright in the Western sky tonight .... this means a clear sky and probably a
Sunset time at Elie and Earlsferry.
touch of frost in the morning.    The best weather tomorrow is going to be in the morning so I’m going out for a pre breakfast walk over to West Bay.    I always carry ‘emergency rations’ with me, .... just in case I get distracted.


Photographs : Top – Kinneuchar kirk, Middle – coffee time. and Bottom – sunset time on the Ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....