Beautiful sunny Pevensey morning .....

3rd February 2017 (Friday) ...08.30    We have a lovely sunny morning... more like Sussex!     Flap on .... Ian is taking me back to Uckfield in a wee while.  
Herstmonzeux
Update later.


22.30    Ian brought me back to “No 1” this morning, before he drove up to Slough.    Janice and Mandy were getting ready to go out for lunch,.... however we did manage a cuppa before they left.   When the girls had poodled orf I worked on the laptop downloading the photos I took yesterday, which includes the array of historic telescopes at Herstmonzeux.    The telescopes were originally situated at the Greenwich Observatory in London but were moved to Herstmonzeux, after WWII, because of light pollution.    Known as ‘The Observatory Science Centre’, the telescopes at Herstmonzeux are mostly used for educational
Herstmonzeux
purposes nowadays.... and the “Centre” is open to the public near enough all year round.

My afternoon has been spent working on the photos and drinking cuppas.    Alex dropped, in just before the girls went out, so we had another cuppa:  the kettle is always ‘on’ at “No 1.    Alex went away when the girls left;  I made a bread and butter pudding .... this being the first time I have made one without Janice being around to guide me.

Jings I am really tired tonight;   this is definitely a night for me going to bed early.    I have a television in my room so I’ll find something to watch, though I don’t think I’ll be watching anything for very long.... perhaps the News Headlines.     Got to keep up with what President Trump is up to!

The  weather began to change after midday, and we now have ‘wind and rain’ .... a wild night ahead by the sound of it, but it is forecast to moderate and move away by
"JB" on Pevensey beach.
morning, leaving us with the threat of frost!.... and even some sunny spells tomorrow afternoon.     I don’t have a ‘plan’;   not being able to go onto the reserves is very frustrating .... because Spring will be beginning to show;   I noticed catkins on the roadside trees  when coming over from Pevensey this morning.


Photographs : Top and Middle – the telescope array at Herstmonzeux, and Bottom – John on Pevensey beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....