Lovely morning .... but cool

27th February 2017 (Monday) ... 09.00      Having extracted myself from under the duvet at ‘silly time’, I decided to go for an early morning walk over to
Elie from Chapel Green this morning.
West Bay.    It was/is a nice morning for walking but, cauld on the lugs.    However, (after I pulled my hat doon, ower my lugs), it was enjoyable, and my lungs are full of very fresh air:   I walked 3.38 kilometres (2.1 miles ..or 133,070 inches) and only saw one other person;  a lady walking her dogs.    The sun was up by the time I got back to Ivy;   and I was well ready for breakfast.


20.30    With it being such a bonnie morning I decided to clean the windows, inside and outside.    When I started it was warm, because most of “Ivy” windows are on the east side of the cottage, therefore sheltered from the southwest breeze.   However the wind backed round to the South southeast;  suddenly, it was cold!    This had me scampering round to the West side of Ivy and cleaning the back door;   which has 15 panes of glass.    Jimmy arrived for his morning cup o’ tea and brought a halt to the window cleaning:   I’ll finish it (the window cleaning) tomorrow.    We sat out in The Hutte, which had reached 70f... perfect for drinking tea, blethering, .... and falling asleep in!

Earlsferry High Street.
Lunch time, quietly ‘came and went’ ... sandwiches, not very exciting, but very tasty and enjoyable.    By this time I was in need of ‘50’ so went out to ‘the Hutte’ fiddled about with a Soduko (a fiendish one)... and fell asleep.    I’ll finish it (the Soduko) tomorrow.      I awoke to find “Blob”, wearing his, “I haven’t been fed for at least half an hour”, look.    I fed him.

Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be “bright and sunny,....  but cold”;   a perfect drying day.    Maggie would be impressed with the way I think now... for the first few years after Maggie died I just blundered along;   now I’m thinking ‘housewifely’.    There’s nobody more surprised than I am at this ....  me adjusting to thinking sensibly is akin to a mild miracle!

The ‘boy’ is having an early night tonight .... I’m feeling tired after my  morning walk
Threatening sky over Earlsferry.
and the window cleaning effort.     The ‘plan’ is to get ‘up’ early and get the washing through the machine and out on the line.    There is the chance of light snow flurries tomorrow but that’s mostly for the Pettycur beach area!


Photographs : Top – ‘this morning’ from the Boss’s Seat, Middle – Earlsferry High Street, and Bottom – evening time on the Ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....