The "Centre of the Universe" ....

15th February 2017 (Wednesday) ..... 21.30    We’ve had a gorgeous day at the Centre of the Universe.... in fact it was really warm, considering the time of
Elie Bay in early morning light.
year.   Even when I was down on the beach early in the morning it wasn’t as cold as I’d expected it to be!     Although mostly overcast at that time the ‘auld place’ was looking bonnie ....  as ever! 

After breakfast I went to Sainsbury’s to get some supplies to fill up the freezer etc.    This turned out to be a successful mission as I found Sainsbury’s ‘Premium’ fish pies, which I’m hoping are of the same quality as the fish pies we had from Tesco’s in Uckfield.    I only bought one, to see how it compares, which will be tomorrow’s dinner.    Jimmy arrived right on cue .... the kettle came to the boil as he ‘moored’ up at the door.

The sun beginning to break through.
Today was “Friendship Lunch” day, which always guarantees a pleasant hour eating and chatting.     William “T” came down from Colinsburgh so I caught up with all the ‘news’ from that corner of the Parish;   mostly ‘parking’ disagreements apparently.
I had an appointment at Pittenweem Surgery in the late afternoon;   apparently I’m “perfect in every way” so I came home feeling elated, rather than with my normal winter feeling of being ‘one degree under’!    Having said that, this hasn’t been a bad winter for me;  apart from having a a nasty ‘man cold’ over Christmas/ New Year.    Of course it’s really Janice I’ve got to thank for getting me up
The Ferry beach.

to this high standard of ‘perfection’ .... and, the foodstuffs I bought today should help to keep me there.

Tomorrow I’m having my new ‘specs’ fitted... because they are vari-focals it needs an optician to fit them:   the ‘specs’ I have are seven years old, and well out of date according to the optician.    It’s that long since I had my eyes tested that I’ve forgotten what the new ‘specs’ look like. 

 The weather forecast is not that great for tomorrow;   windy and cloudy, with the chance of rain in the morning,... brighter , with sunny spells, in the afternoon.

Photographs :  Top- early morning light, Middle – the sun beginning to break through, ... and Bottom – The Ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....