Rain ....

1st February 2017 (Wednesday).... 10.00     Oh dear .... we do have a drab, wet morning... hopefully it will clear up in the afternoon;   I certainly won’t be
Elie harbour
going far by way of walking as things are just now.    It’s a baking morning .... Melting Moments should cheer us up.     I’ll have to go up to the local shop.... which is only 300 metres away thankfully,... to get Caster sugar.


22.30     With weather like we have  had today I am definitely being acclimatised for going back North ..... oh ... I’m travelling on the 14th (February);   is that not some kind of ‘romantic’ date?    Of course it is;   it’s St Valentine’s” Day!     That is an excellent date for me returning to the Centre of the Universe!      Regardless of the weather I’ll be down on the beach!

The Beacon Earlsferry
The only exercise I had today was the walk to the shop;   fortunately the rain was light at the time.    By midday it was miserable .... foggy and very wet.    Tomorrow is forecast to be much the same as it was today.    I baked Melting Moments .... the best batch I’ve ever ‘made’;   Janice’s cooker is far better than the one I have;   the timings are  reliable.     At home there’s a bit lot of guess work involved!

30 years ago today my brother “Harry” was tragically killed on Ben More when a Mountain Rescue helicopter crashed into the Ben More.    Click on “Harry Lawrie 1941 – 1987”  to read a fascinating Wordpress.com article on the events of that day.

There are no ‘plans’ for tomorrow.... though I am hoping to get out and  about sometime.     The weather is restricting my daily activities.
Elie Bay

Another 1000 houses are going to be built on the southern edge of Uckfield, 15%  of which are to be ‘affordable housing’.     Affordable housing is already being built  ....  selling those at affordable prices, would be the best thing to do!

Photographs : Just to remind me what I’m coming home to on the 14th.... Top – Elie harbour Middle – The Beacon, Earlsferry, and Bottom – Elie Bay.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....