Beautiful morning .....

24th February 2017 (Friday) ... 11.00    It’s absolutely  stunning at Elie
Kincraig cliffs.
and Earlsferry today;   bright and sunny after an early morning touch of frost.    “Doris” has moved into the ‘records’... and ‘she’ won’t be missed!

I blundered out of bed feeling very frolicsome this morning, saw that it was a bonnie morning and went out for a walk out to West Bay.    It was actually quite cold at this time because there was a touch of frost, which soon disappeared when the sun got higher.   I’d left Ivy with the idea of doing the ‘roond the Chapel’ walk but once I saw the tide was ‘out’ I decided that West Bay would be the ‘target’ this morning;   a decision I was well pleased with when I saw the cliffs, and the wet sand.

21.30    I’ve had a busy, and really enjoyable day .... a day that started on the beach  with a bonnie sunrise, met and chatted to Carol, then got  some nice ‘reflection’ shots over at West Bay.     It was a contented, happy, and hungry ‘boy’, that sat down to a bowl of Virgin Train porridge at breakfast!

Kincraig cliffs.
Jimmy and I finished orf the Lemon Cheese cake this morning....it was tasty, but contained far too many calories.    I’ll read the box next time.    Jimmy went off home to get ready to visit Chris, I got ready to go along to the surgery to have a blood sample taken.    From the surgery I went to Sainsbury’s to do ‘a shopping’, where I met Elaine (Forgan);   we chatted, mostly discussing ‘single’ meals.    Elaine was at the end of her shopping expedition, I was starting mine, so we went our separate ways, Elaine off to another shop ... me to browse the enchantment of Sainsbury’s aisles.    It’s not often that I ‘browse’ the aisles, but Janice said I’d find different kinds of food... and I did!   I bought some kind of chicken things, korma sauce ( I dinnae ken what I’m going to do with that ....  reading the instructions on the jar would be a good place to start;   I have a suspicion that chicken will feature somewhere in the ‘instructions’), and some different Indian and Chinese ready meals.    It was an interesting, enjoyable, and different meander round Sainsbury’s.

By the time I left Leven the sky was beginning to cloud over .... and now we have a
Elie War Memorial and church.
dreich night ahead of us;   “Scotch Mist” started blowing through  about 16.30, this has turned to rain, and, combined with the wind it is not a night for venturing out.    Having said that it’s, nothing like the naughty “Doris” was last night.


Photographs : Top and Middle – Kincraig cliffs, and Bottom – Elie War Memorial and kirk.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....