Nice sunrise ....

21st February 2017 (Tuesday) ... 09.30    It’s a bonnie morning, though slightly colder than it was yesterday, with less wind:  unfortunately the sky has begun
Elie sunrise.
to cloud over in the past hour so it isn’t as bonnie as it was at sunrise time.    I had the beach to myself at that time, though Sally came down the road on her bike as I was walking down the Wynd.   

My ‘plan’ was to wash the lobby floors etc this morning but that ‘plan’ was made when the sun was shining.

22.00    By the time I got out for a walk the sky was overcast, the wind had risen and, although nice enough it wasn’t what I expected when watching the sun rising over the East Links, a few hours earlier.

Sixth green 
I’ve had a busy enough day, having finally finally got all washing, and ironing finished, folded and away!    In fact I did a small washing this morning to ‘test’ my washing machine which has developed a glitch:   it does the wash phase fine, but then thinks the door is not properly closed and won’t do the rinse and spin until I switch it ‘off’ then back ‘on’ to do the rinse etc.   The machine is 6 years old, and the warranty, for parts, lasted for five years.    I then, being cynical,  got to thinking about  Volkswagen ‘misleading their customers’ with the ‘computer’ on their cars:  from there, it didn’t take me long to get round to thinking that, anything with a modern, computer style electronics on it, could be probably be ‘fixed’ to ‘break down’ just after the warranty expires!    In the case of my washing machine it’s probably just ‘needing the door catch fixed’.     The strange thing is Skipper’s washing machine (he had the same make of machine as I have) had the same fault!    The machine still works, all I have to do is set it to ‘rinse and spin’ after it “thinks” the door is open.    Me thinking that way just shows you how the mighty Volkswagen Company, has sown the seeds of suspicion regarding everyday things with
West end of Earlsferry bents.
electronics in it!

Tomorrow the plan is to take a brisk(ish) walk over towards West Bay beach then back home via the Chapel and the Ferry beach .... weather permitting of course.    The weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t bad;   for Thursday it is “bad bad”.


Photographs : Top – the sun rising over the East links, Elie, Middle – busy sixth green, and Bottom – the west end of the path along the Ferry bents.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....