Sunshine after overnight rain ... windy

2nd February 2017 (Thursday) .... 09.00     Jings  ..... a pleasant surprise this morning .... we have sunshine!     There is a thin layer of cloud but the sun should
Uckfield
burn that off, leaving us with a nice morning.    The weather forecast was for it to be wet and windy in the morning, then brighter, with showers in the afternoon!      I’ll have a walk ‘downtown’ for ‘morning coffee’ in a wee while .... and enjoy the sun while it’s visible!

The sunshine was short lived;  it was raining by 10.00,.... I know this because that’s when  I set off  ‘downtown’!

23.00     Oh my word this has been a surprising day;   first “Jackie” turned up to visit Janice, then “JB” turned up to bring me over to Pevensey where I am staying the night.    Ian treated us, by ‘us’ I mean his next door neighbours Kaye, Jane and Graham, plus Jenny, “JB” and myself, to a meal out at “The Lamb” (Hooe) to
Uckfield
celebrate him starting his new job on the Channel Island of Guernsey.... which he starts on Monday.    This was a totally unexpected surprise .... and most enjoyable one:  a brilliant meal with gorgeous company.    Loved it.

When “JB” picked me up the sky was clearing, and by the time we got to Pevensey we were able to go down to the beach.    Like all  beaches Pevensey beach was exposed to the wind which today was directly onto the beach.... and it was cold.    I grabbed a few photos, (which I can’t download until I get back to “No1” tomorrow)and we scarpered back to the car, and  bumbled ‘home’ where Jenny had the kettle ‘on’.

As I have already said this has been a completely surprising day.     I enjoyed my ‘downtown’ walk, in the rain, had soup  and a cuppa in the Civic Centre cafe, and did
JB with one cool bottle of wine
the wee bit of shopping I needed to do.   It was when I got back to “No1” that Janice told me that “JB” was coming to pick me up.... “Jackie was still there;   she is awfie nice, and thoughtful.


Photographs : Top and Middle – a wet Uckfield High Street, and Bottom – one cool bottle of wine!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....