Peaceful sunrise ....

19th February 2017 (Sunday) .... 09.00    we had a lovely sunrise this morning.... one of the kind where, “everything seemed to ‘stand still’ for a few
Sunrise.
minutes”, waiting for the sun appear:  magical it was.    The weather forecast is for us to get a few ‘bright spells’... this was one of those!    Having mentioned the weather, California has been going through the mill recently ... even Laguna Beach, got its share of wild weather.... and Laguna Beach is the ‘Elie and Earlsferry’ of California!     I’m hoping for a nice ‘drying day’ as I have a washing going through;   it is supposed to cloud over, but stay dry!


20.30     Today Jimmy and I visited St Monans and Pittenweem harbours;   Jimmy walked to the end of the middle pier in St Monans but didn’t leave the car at Pittenweem.     Harbours are never the warmest of places and they certainly weren’t today:  having said that it was braw getting out in the, very, fresh air.     Both St Monans and Pittenweem harbours had some visitors wander around, but Elie was the most popular, with visitors pottering about all over the place.

Jimmy at St Monans harbour.
Most of the day I have been working around Ivy, including venturing into the garden with secateurs to prune some bushes;   ‘Spring’ must be in the air!     Oh I nearly forgot .... “Blob”, bless his feathery butt, is ‘in love’.    There are two Robins in the garden at times and ‘he’ is not seeing the other one orf!     And, another clue to Spring being just ‘roond the corner’;   the Thrush was giving it laldie from the lum-heid this morning, as was the Blackbird from another lum.    Yes, Spring is definitely in the air.    I expect that I will be frolicking about like a Spring lamb in the next few days!  
Most of you will know I have a ‘Wallace and Gromit’ alarm clock, that fires off at, what I thought was twenty to seven;  but is in fact twenty to six!    Nae wonder I saw
Pittenweem
the sunrise.... that event didn’t happen until 07.26 this morning.
Nae plans for tomorrow, but I do intend wandering along to Elie to see what’s happening along there ... and to pick up a paper.    Most of the work associated with being away has been caught up with;  just some slight chaos in the bedroom to sort out.    I’m off to do an ironing before I go to bed.  

Photographs : Top – Sunrise behind Elie granary, Middle – Jimmy at the end of St Monans middle pier,  and Bottom – Pittenweem.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....