Overcast morning ...

18th February 2017 (Saturday) .... 09.00   we have drab looking morning, but not that cold in spite of a brisk wind from the Southwest.    I know all this
Sunrise time at Elie.
because I went down to see the sunrise (07.31), but I didn’t...  (see the sunrise) because there was a bank of cloud on the Eastern horizon.     Nevertheless, even though the ‘sunrise’ wasn’t visible there was a bit of colour in the sky .... and loads of fresh Elie and Earlsferry air!


I’m sure you will be happy to know that the microwave porridge was a complete success this morning.....  three, minutes and ten seconds takes it up to ‘the point of overflowing’ ... a quick stir, then back in again for another 20 seconds, and that’s it.   A bigger bowl would be ideal but I don’t think I have one.    That said, there most likely is one, .... Maggie had everything that any kitchen needs!    Oh no ....  it’s getting awfie ‘rainy’ looking from the West;   just when I was going out for a walk!

21.30     This ‘boy’ has been a busy ‘boy’ today;   catching up with all the paperwork, and most of the housework, that was waiting for me when I got home.    
It takes me about five days to acclimatise after I come home, and it’s the same when I
'Our' beach.
arrive in Sussex.    I’ve been going to my bed early, and sleeping like a log for the past few nights,... I reckon I should be back to normal after another early night tonight.    I could go to my bed at 20.00 and sleep through till Wallace and Gromit time... 06.45.
Although I did a lot of ‘work’ today, I did manage to go for a ‘roond the Chapel’ walk in the morning.    After lunch I went along to Elie to post a letter and met Jimmy who was out in his car so we went down to the harbour.    There was a lot of folks at the harbour.... most of them taking photographs because there was a bonnie, if threatening, sky.    That’s one thing about digital photography, it has opened the door to everyone
Earlsferry from the harbour.
taking loads of photos:  and the added pleasure of ‘playing’ with them (the photos) on the computer.
It’s forecast to be bright and breezy tomorrow .... and warmer, though there may be a chance of showers in the afternoon.

Photographs : Top – Sunrise time, Middle – The beach, and, Bottom – Earlsferry from the harbour this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....