Dreich morning ... grey with heavy rain

25th February 2017 (Saturday) ... 09.00    The rain is battering into the window as I type... and, having been out to the ‘broon bucket’ with some rubbish, I can
Elie beach this morning.
definitely say that it is very wet, and very grey, ....the weather i.e., not the ‘broon bucket’;  however the weather forecast tells me that the sky should begin to clear by lunchtime (having an early lunch disnae count) and it should be fine for going out in the afternoon .... maybe.    I’m considering ‘playing’ with the Hoover.



10.00    Our weather forecasts must be working on Athens time .... the sky has started to clear and we’ve even had a blink of sunshine,....  and it isn’t ‘my’ lunch time yet!     It’s time to go down to the beach .... I’m ‘fed up’ o’ playing with the Hoover anyway.

Elie Bay this afternoon.
21.30    The weather went into “bright and sunny” in  the afternoon;   the morning brightness, that had me going down to the beach, didn’t last long, so I did some more ‘ousework etc.    Jimmy arrived for a morning tea break, after he’d done his walking up at Chapel Green:   he saw me, when I was on the beach , and timed his arrival at Ivy accordingly:  turning up about two minutes after I’d put the kettle ‘on’.  
 
By the time I’d had lunch, and checked my Inbox to see if it had been inundated with E-mails, which it hadn’t, outside was at the “bright and sunny” state so I took orf for a walk.    I intended going across the golf course but there were golfers scattered all over the course so I did the ‘beach/ Chapel Green’ walk;  with the meandering I do I rarely do the same route twice.    Today I met a man who was out enjoying the afternoon sunshine;  as were quite a number of folk.    I suppose, like me, they would be glad to
Golfers on the tenth green Earlsferry.
get out after the dour morning.   Anyway back to the man I met;   I couldn’t place which area of England he came from... now I’m wishing I’d asked him.     Not that it’s important, but I usually have a rough idea of where someone comes from by their voice;  not so this afternoon.   Perhaps he was in the Armed Forces.    I was back in Ivy in time to catch the second half of the Scotland v Wales Six Nations ..... Scotland 29 – Wales 13.

Our weather for tomorrow is going to be much the same as today’s;   overcast early, then some sunshine, before another weather front brings more cloud and rain later in the afternoon. 


Photographs : Top – Elie Bay this morning, Middle – Elie Bay this afternoon, and Bottom – golfers on the tenth green.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....