'Summer time' .... at long last .....

16th August 2016 (Tuesday) ... 12.00     I’m thinking I could get used to this bonnie weather;   we have another gorgeous day.... bright sunny and warm, in spite of the breeze being from the southeast.    It was warm when I was out at 06.30 ....
Kincraig cliffs (Earlsferry) this morning
and when I went out again on the bike at 09.30.....  it was ‘hot’.    So far I have had a busy day mostly ‘playing’.... i.e. out enjoying the sunshine.
The beach was empty this morning, but folk began to trickle on to it by the time I was finished.     I then biked the villages, bought a paper, and milk so that I could have my ‘Cornflakes’;  then back to Ivy for breakfast.    With the weather being as it is went out on the bike again to make an appointment at the surgery for my annual BP check, then up to Kinneuchar via Elie Estate for some more exercise.   Jimmy needs a haircut so I’m driving him to Leven in the afternoon.

The ants are beginning to get ‘excited’, though I’d think the temperature is not high enough for them to actually ‘mate’ .... they do that when flying, and local ‘nests’ do this at the same time;   warm humid weather in August or September being the ‘trigger’.

Kilconquhar War Memorial
21.30     Jimmy is a happy boy, having had his haircut.... but he had to sit in the waiting area for a while as the hairdresser was busy, which was surprising for a Tuesday afternoon.     We then went to Lidl’s to do some shopping....  including two apple turnover’s, which were scoffed as soon as we got back to Ivy.    The Leven trip took up most of the afternoon .... that, and watching the ants.    
With it being slightly windier today, the ants, have not been as ‘excited’ as they were yesterday:   a number of males were out but I didn’t see a young Queen today.    Tomorrow’s weather is going to be similar to today’s;   warm and sunny after early mist, however it is supposed to be breezier, so methinks the ant ‘nuptials’   will have to be postponed once again.

Joyful, happy happy ‘me’ ....we have the local RNLI  Coffee Morning on Saturday. 
East end of Kilconquhar Main Street.
   This will be a golden “opporchancity” to catch up with information from the ‘outlying’ components of the EKC Church area, such as Baird Place .... and, being the ‘Lifeboat’ CM, from even further afield.... Colinsburgh perhaps?

Photographs : Top – Kincraig cliffs this morning, Middle – Kilconquhar War Memorial, and Bottom – The Balbuthie road junction area of Kilconquhar.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....