Hmmmm ... it looks like rain later

3rd August 2016 (Wednesday) .... 10.30     I’m thinking it’s a good job that I did my walking early .... it seriously looks like the rain is going to arrive soon.    I’ve
Earlsferry
done the beach and Chapel Green, then met Jim who was going out to Ruddon’s Point with “SD” so I did that walk too.    The latest ‘plan’ is to go to Dundee with Jim later this morning ... so I’d better go and have food.     I haven’t had my ‘Cornflakes’ yet! 



22.00     Jimmy came in for, what turned out to be a quick cuppa, this morning as we had only half an hour before Jim and I left for Dundee.    However that was enough time to find out that the Sailing Club had been empty, and  there was nothing going on at the Harbour, when Jimmy had been down there earlier.
Jim and I had an uneventful trip over to Dundee, .... even though the roads were busy.    After we’d wandered round a huge shop, the name of which I’ve forgotten, (but in which I bought two pair of walking socks), we had food in M & S.    I never go into M & S for food without seeing someone I know... today it was Nancy and Douglas from Kinneuchar.

Largo Bay
Jim’s main reason for going to Dundee was to have a check up at Ninewells .... which took all of three minutes.     The journey home was ‘slightly eventful’;   there was an accident at the Broadlands corner (the first corner south of the Deil’s Lodge) which resulted in traffic hold up.    Jim made a three point turn and we came home via Balcarres.... and got back to the Royal Burgh at 16.55;   approximately 15 minutes before Jimmy arrived at Ivy for a late afternoon cuppa;  and to bring the latest updated ‘news’...   as follows;   “Activity at the harbour has been negligible in the afternoon, as it was in the morning... and the Member’s part of the ‘Club’ had been empty, but Jimmy enjoyed an ice-cream.”   Oh .. “and it rained now and again!”     
Although the weather has been slightly showery today, I have managed to get some exercise, by way of walking, so I fell contented tonight.    The weather for tomorrow is
Dundee
more or less going to be much like it was today;   bright early with the chance of showers in the afternoon.   I’ll get the bike out first thing.


Photographs : Top – the ‘Black Wa’, Earlsferry, this morning, Middle – Largo Bay, .... and Largo Law, and Bottom – one of  four fishermen, with his ‘catch’, a piece of seaweed;   they were fishing from the ‘Green Circular’ Cycle way, that runs alongside Riverside Drive, Dundee.    I have biked on this and it is an excellent cycle route... for cyclists, and pedestrians, only.

I fancy finishing today with the sound of Tam Reid singing ‘Auchmithie’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....