Autumnal morning ....

4th August 2016 (Thursday) .... There’s an autumnal feel to the air this morning, but , that apart, it is a bonnie morning for being out and about.    I’ve done  Chapel Green – Elie Harbour, then back via Elie Estate on the bike;   the only other
Elie 
person I saw was Primrose ..... down at the harbour with the dogs.    I’ll finish packing the case for Auchnagatt then, depending on how I get in with that, I’ll go along to Jimmy’s for a cuppa;   his car is away for a service, and he is ‘grounded’ for the day.   

I’m feeling ‘down’ this morning;   I could do with going to a Coffee Morning.    Should I have one of my own caffeine fixes?     Yes why not .... it’s bound to, at least, waken me up.

23.59    I may have got ‘up’ feeling ‘down’ this morning, but an evening, eating, drinking, chatting, and browsing Joyce and Dave’s World Tour photographs,  soon cleared away the ‘bloos’... now it’s nearly midnight, and I’m feeling as excitable as a ‘bag o’ ferrets’.   We covered many interesting, and memorable, subjects in the course
The 'Royal Burgh' from Elie Harbour
of our chatting, and browsing;   for me, the photo of Joyce, ‘streaking’ orf to the shops in Sydney, stood out... in more ways than one!    However, excitable or not, I must get orf to bed .... I’m at an exciting stage with my book!    ‘M’ and I have an early(ish) start tomorrow morning... and, with the weather forecast being good to fairly good, I’m thinking of going via the scenic route.... up, and over the Cairn o’ Mount.    I’ll see what the weather is doing when we leave “Peggy Scott’s” (where we stop for breakfast).... before I make the final decision.     It does take longer going that way, but the scenery is something else.... and it passes the place where I was born.... Balbegno.  Hopefully we shall be able to park up and get some photographs.
Elie Lighthouse from the harbour


The weather has been better than forecast or ‘today’, with only a few spits and spots of rain, so I managed out on the bike twice.... the second time being the trip along to Jimmy’s for a morning cuppa.      And I got a washing dry.    My effort at making a ‘lamb hot-pot’ was ‘fair to middlin’ ... it needed mair lamb.   It was definitely hot. 

Photographs : Top – Elie Harbour, Middle – ‘The Ferry’ from the harbour, and Bottom – Elie Lighthouse:   All three photographs taken this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....