Lovely morning ......

12th August 2016 (Friday) .... 09.00    It was good to be down on the beach, which was busy with dog walkers and joggers, this morning .... I’m definitely
Elie Bay
‘home’.    The weather is mostly overcast, but there is a nice drying wind.... I have a washing on the line, which I’m hoping will be dry before the rain arrives in the afternoon;   if the forecasters have got it correct.


   21.00    Everyone, who worried about my washing, will be happy to know that it was dry before the rain arrived ..... and inside Ivy.   ‘M’ and I went to Leven, then on to Kirkcaldy, then back to Leven again, finally arriving back at Ivy about an hour before the rain.  We spent a fair amount of ‘today’ in various shops.... including ASDA in Kirkcaldy.     That is one huge shop, and ‘M’, who likes ‘shops’ was in her element.    I bought a new kettle to replace one that a bit fell orf;   looked for a Cafe, and found out that there is only a ‘MacDonald’s’ in the ASDA building.    When we had finished the ASDA shopping, we decided to go to ‘Rejects’ for
Earlsferry beach
lunch.    Our ‘day out’ ended with me taking some photos of ‘M’ on Leven beach.... another memento of her holiday in Bonnie Scotland.     ‘M’ is now ensconced back in St Monans.... and I am i/c at Ivy.... with sair feet after bumbling around the various shops.

Oh my word .... the ‘Royal Burgh’ is full of cars tonight;   having said that, I got lucky and managed to find a space along near Cecily’s.   Actually this has been a ‘bad’ year for getting ‘moored up’ (parked), though I have always managed to find somewhere.    Maybe it’s because modern ‘cars’ are bigger, that makes the village look ‘full’. 
Tomorrow I shall get out on the bike.... even if it’s only to do the villages, and Elie Estate ‘run’.    The weather forecast is ‘good’ for tomorrow .... “bright and breezy”:
'M' at Leven
   and another good ‘drying day’;  which means I’ll get my holiday washing finished.    Tomorrow I shall have to begin a period of relaxation;    I have my annual BP check next week.   I’ll begin by having a ‘lie in’ tomorrow morning.
Photographs : Top – Elie Bay this morning, Middle – Earlsferry beach, and, Bottom -  ‘M’ at Leven beach. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....