Nice breezy morning .....


7th August 2016 (Sunday) ....  10.00     The wind that was forecast to ‘hit’ us today, is not going to happen until later tonight and through tomorrow.... so, we
Anniversary cake
have a ‘nae bad’ morning;   breezy, dry and mostly bright.    I’m feeling brighter today, .... so I must be over the change of air.    ‘M’ and I are going out in the afternoon, until then we are ‘resting’ .... well.... I am resting!





21.00     We’ve had a breezy day... and also a ‘one heavy shower’ day.    Jackie and Iain took ‘Jack’ (bearded collie) for his evening walk along the Buchan way at Auchnagatt, and got caught in a deluge;   apart from that one shower, it has been pleasantly warm, even in the wind.

‘M’ and I went to Inverurie Garden Centre in the morning, had lunch when we were there, then went on to Kintore to Mabel and Jimmy’s Diamond wedding celebratory
Cutting the cake
party.    It was really nice seeing ‘older’ faces that I knew, but it also reminded me that I too, am an ‘older face’ to others..... however chatting to ‘cousins’ soon dispelled any feeling of being ‘old’.    The Kintore Pipe Band marched in led, by one of Jimmy’s granddaughters, and entertained the company with some stirring tunes.....including “Maggie” ....  a poignant tune   for me at any time, but even more so today for some reason.

I decided to take the ‘scenic’ route back to Auchnagatt .... and actually got there (to Auchnagatt) without getting lost.   I had a look at the photos... then felt the need for a quick ‘50’, which lasted only 35 minutes;   I awoke feeling ‘bright as a button’ and
Kintore Pipe band
rarin’ to go.   

‘M’ made a cuppa and we were in mid gulp when Iain came through in a serious state of excitement:   he’d ‘caught’ a Snorlax.... an important “Pokemon Go” ‘thing;  I think.    We finished our tea..... and ate another chocolate biscuit in celebration.

The ‘plan’ for tomorrow, and the weather is amenable, is to go down to “Fitty” (Footdee), an old fishing village at the mouth of the River Dee, always a good place for photographs .... and probably more Pokemon ‘things’.

Photographs : Top – The anniversary cake, Middle – cutting the cake, and Bottom – the Kintore Pipe ban leaving the Hall.
 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....