Inverurie Garden Centre ....

10th August 2016 (Wednesday) .....  09.30     Jings .... we have a ‘wall to wall’ blue sky this morning.... and it is warm;   I could get to like this.     We’ll be setting off for Inverurie shortly, to have a cuppa with Helen and Ethel;   I am looking
Helen, Albert (me) and Ethel
forward to catching up with all their ‘news.    ‘M’ is ensconced in the front porch with her book just now ...  enjoying the warm sun.     I’d best go and give her a poke and remind her we’re leaving for Inverurie soon.



20.00    I had no problem recognising Helen and Ethel at  Inverurie garden Centre this morning;   I just waited until two young looking ’wifies’, with ever so slightly greying hair, came through the door ... then waved.    Two coffee/teas/scones ... and two hours later, having browsed some photographs with young looking folk in them, we ‘updated’ the collection by taking a few modern photos.... of  young(ish) folk .    The hair might be grey but our outlook is still young .... er ‘ish’.     We had a lovely time reminiscing ... on times, and loved ones, gone but never to be forgotten as long as we are around.    It is 31 years since we last saw and spoke to each other;   now we can  keep in touch electronically, and hopefully will meet up again to take some more pictures of the ‘youngsters’ of yesteryear.

Iain, (we’d travelled to Inverurie in his car) and Catriona, spent the time in Inverurie sightseeing .... and browsing in the garden centre.    |Then again maybe they were
A 36 year old 'me'.
looking for Pokemon ‘things’.

In the afternoon ‘M’ and I went to Maud , a picturesque wee village with a lovely petrol station;   and an even lovelier Cafe.    Why did we go to Maud?    Oh aye ... I wanted to fill up both ‘Sooper Buggy, and “Puku”;   though “Puku” (bless his new six pack look), wisnae really needing filled.     From Maud we went to the Garden Centre at Mintlaw but didn’t find what we hoped to find;    I can’t even remember what we went looking for, but I know that we  took the wrong road out of Mintlaw... any more than two roads to choose from is not good when I’m driving.... and were promptly ‘lost’.       We eventually arrived in Ellon, .... where I could have got the petrol cheaper, however, I may be in a state of ‘being in love’ with the lassie in the petrol station in Maud;   so nae expense spared when it comes to ‘love’.    After a busy afternoon, we ultimately arrived  at Backhill of Inkhorn, stocked up with chocolate biscuits .... needed to replace Iain’s rapidly diminishing  stockpile.      We even found, and bought, some kind of vegan biscuits for Jackie, Martin and Catriona.

The weather has turned distinctly wet .... it’s raining!     In fact if it wasn’t rainin it
Catriona sightseeing at Fittie
would be a lovely evening, however it is so it isn’t!    We intend poodling our way down to Ivy sometime tomorrow;  I had hoped to go back  via the Cairn o’ Mount, but the inclement weather might put that off.     Cones all over the place on the A90, narrows the choice of route down to the ‘Slug Road’  ....maybe.    We’ll see what the weather is like in ‘ra morning’.

Photographs : Top - Helen, ‘the Boy (that’s ‘me’) and Ethel, Middle – a 36 year old ‘me’ and, (Jings ....  it would be easy to put a lead on me and take me for a walk!) and, Bottom – Catriona, sightseeing, down at “Fittie” yesterday.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....