Quiet morning .....

28th August 2016 (Sunday) .... 10.30    We have an overcast, but dry, warm morning;   all we need is for the sun to ‘burn off’ the clouds, which it may well
Low cloud  over Kellie Law
do by lunch time.    This morning I didn’t sleep ‘in’, and I was out on the bike by 07.40:   I didn’t go very far, but two hours had passed before I was back at Ivy .... well ready for breakfast, and a cuppa.    Even though it was cloudy there was a lovely ‘light’ about, and I got what I think are some bonnie photos.    At Chapel Green I met a lovely couple, Ken and Karen, who were out for their morning walk before breakfast.   Though Ken and Karen  live in France now, Ken was originally from Elie,... slightly to the east of the Centre of the Universe.... and they enjoy coming home to their roots, having bought a house in Elie.  

From the Chapel I went down to the harbour where I met Primrose chatting to Carole;  of course me being me I promptly joined in .... uninvited.     In fact I think I now know why I was out on the bike for so long!    I talk too much.    From the harbour I went up through Elie Estate and home to Ivy.   

22.00     With it being a nice day I decided to ‘do’ the “ Arncroach run”, on the bike, after lunch:  that’s Earlsferry to St Monans – Abercrombie – Arncroach – Balcarres – Colinsburgh – Kinneuchar then home;   a total distance of 20.28 kilometres (12.6
Sand Castle on the ferry beach
miles).    There was not much in the way of wind, but what there was, was against me until I reached the Gibliston junction above Arncroach.     On the way into Arncroach I met Jim and Myra coming back from walking ‘SD’ at Gillingshill.    It was at this time that the Arncroach road got busy! .... four cars passed us as we were talking.    When I think of it I biked 5.6 miles in the morning;   giving me a total of just over 18 miles, biking, today.   “Puku” does not like this!    However ... if the truth be known...  I’m not that fond of ‘Puku’!     The Arncroach run was easier this time so the muscles must be getting stronger.

In the evening I went down to the beach to ‘fall apart’ and to absorb some of the Elie
Evening time
and Earlsferry peace, that was there in abundance this evening.   After dawdling my way along, to the Cockstail rocks and back, I went up to the ‘bents’,  and sat on a seat for about half an hour.    I was well away in a world of my own, when it began to spit rain;   this brought an immediate end to my ‘evening dreaming’.

Photographs :   Top – the Ferry beach, Middle – someone has put a lot of work into this sand castle, and Bottom –  folk enjoying a quiet evening walk.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....