Cool morning ... woollie hat

19th August 20165 (Friday) .... 10.00  Hmmmmm ...  overcast, and cool this morning,...  but at least it isn’t raining, though rain is forecast for later in the afternoon;   it’s woollie hat weather.     I’ve been round the villages,  on the bike, and
The fire ravaged Elie Deli site
had my morning coffee sitting on the Boss’s Seat... it isn’t that cold, just breezy, which is making it feel cold.    There was a big hole in the clouds which I thought would let the sun shine through;   it did;   over at the lighthouse... not Chapel Green.    I meandered back to Ivy;  then decided to go up to the ‘Paper Shop’ ... where Davie managed to get into the ‘Paper Shop’ without me seeing him;   I was surprised by this.    It’s well known that Earlsferry folks are expert in the art of camouflage and concealment;   I mean you can go through Earlsferry without seeing anyone most days... but for this skill into have passed into Elie is worrying.     It was about now, actually ‘then’, that I discovered I was carrying a camera bag with no camera in it!    I went back to Ivy, a perplexed boy, and had a cuppa! 



16.30     Oh my word .... I am one unhappy boy.    Why?     Because the RNLI Coffee Morning isn’t tomorrow .... it’s next Saturday, the 27th August.    I have been looking forward to the CM’s starting again, and  me being me... wishful thinking did the rest!   I had planned to phone Jimmy tomorrow morning to make sure he was organised for a Coffee Morning.... and we’d have been the only ones ‘stood staunin’ at the Hall
Two doors down ... the interim Elie Deli.
door!    Apologies to everyone who may have been mislead .... and thanks Mabel for pointing out this  mistake. xx


    21.00    There’s  dampness in the air tonight .... it’s raining .... in fact it’s wet, and windy, not a bonnie night at all:  Especially when you think of the past four evenings.    The rain is forecast to clear away overnight, but I will not be in a hurry to extricate myself from my bed in the morning .... particularly now that I know the RNLI coffee morning is not for another week!
Although the weather has been disappointing, I have had a quiet, and  enjoyable enough ‘day’.    I made macaroni cheese in the early part of the afternoon... four portions of which are now in the freezer.   Jimmy phoned to say that  he fancied a trip along to Sainsbury’s for a cuppa, so that’s where we went;   where, apart from me buying drinking chocolate, we just sat in the Cafe chatting, and watching the world go
Golfers on the fourth fairway.
by.    It started to rain.
Tomorrow’s ‘plan’ is in disarray.... it was ‘built’ around a coffee morning that isn’t.    Silly boy.    The ‘plan’  now depends on what the weather is like at 05.30 (ish) really;  that’s when I look out to see if the weather is suitable for going out on the bike.
Photographs : Top – work goes on at the fire ravaged Elie deli building, .... Middle – meanwhile, an early morning delivery is made, ‘two doors down’, at the interim ‘new’ Elie Deli... and Bottom – golfers on the fourth fairway this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....