Flat calm sea ... with Scotch Mist

22nd August 2016 (Monday) .... 07.30     The Scotch Mist arrived over Elie and Earlsferry at “iggzactly” 06.17;  I was down on the beach at the time.   It had been overcast prior to that so all the mist did was add wetness to an already grey
Sunrise
morning.   The beach was busy ... there were 100 + Merganser feeding at the tides edge:   they paddled their way along towards the Cockstail rocks when I went on to the beach.    I’d gone down to catch the sunrise at 05.57 but it was hidden by the low cloud.... however,  there was a warm glow where the sun should have been.    A canoeist arrived to take advantage of the perfect conditions... the tide was ‘in’ and the sea flat calm.   So, although grey, with Scotch mist, the beach is still there to be enjoyed;   and, the mist will clear away over the morning. to be followed by ‘bright, sunny and warm’.


21.00     We did end up with a bonnie afternoon and evening... and I took advantage of both, by going down to the Harbour via the Surgery, in the afternoon, and up to Chapel Green in the evening.     I also took ‘Sooper Buggy’ out for a run, later in the evening, and noticed that Donald was combining a field of barley.    I ‘moored up’ at the side of the road, hoping to get some evening harvest shots.    However, Donald must have stopped for the night, at the other end of the field, because he never came back:   at
Heron - stood staunin' on the Cockstail rocks.
least not when I was ‘sat sittin’ there waiting.   Then again I didn’t wait awfie long;   Donald has a lot of combining to do and I’ll get some photos before he’s finished.
The Harbour was busy with holiday makers ... with the tide being out there was one big beach to play on.    Even the sailing Club was busy with a grand total of four of us chattering away for half an hour or so.

Tomorrow, at 09.00, I have my annual BP check up ... and it (my BP) is “aw ower” the place.    I have a feeling that “Laurie” (BP Nurse) is not going to be too happy with this ‘boy’.    I’ll probably end up having to make an appointment to see Dr Francis.    I’m going to my bed early so that I well rested and calm for the Nurse:   as long as she isn’t wearing a white coat!

I read that our 67 Olympic medals ‘cost’ £4,096,500 each.   It was enjoyable seeing the medals being won, but it does look like we are creating a select, expensive few, rather than spreading the ‘dosh’ around a bit.   I have no doubt that they will all end
Black Headed gull
up millionaires and on some Honour’s list.    Of course when they do become millionaires (advertising etc) they will most likely pay back the money used to support them when they were starting out,.... just like a student’s loan.   

Tomorrows weather looks like being ‘all good’, though, ...  there is a better chance of some showers in the afternoon.

Photographs : Top – sunrise time this morning (05.57), Middle – my Heron pal, and Bottom – a Black Headed Gull... except he has moulted out his ‘black’ head for the winter.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....