Gorgeous morning ....

27th August 2016 (Saturday) ... 10.00    Today is Sandy’s birthday he will be ... what? oh my word that is auld .... he will be more than ‘21’ today!     Happy birthday Sandy!      You can eat cake today!


 We have “sunny and warm”... and I slept in and wasn’t ‘out and about’ until 08.45 ....
The Cockstail Rocks, Earlsferry, this morning
lazy ‘boy’.   By the time I got down to the beach it was busy with folk out enjoying a beautiful ‘Elie and Earlsferry’ morning... so I joined them, and ambled my way along the edge of the tide;  it was, and still will be, gorgeous.    I met one gentleman, walking his dog, who has brought his Mum over to celebrate her 80 ... er ooops..  birthday!     Happy Birthday to “Mum” .... have a lovely weekend in Elie and the ‘Royal Burgh’!


22.30     I’m a much satisfied ‘boy’ this night;    I have finished butchering ... pruning the tree that is going to become a ‘bracket’, to hang a bird feeder from.    There is work yet to be done, but I don’t like to do things too fast.   We had an influx of Peacock butterflies this afternoon;  actually, ‘kaleidoscope’ is the word used to describe a ‘batch’ of butterflies;  anyway I had a load of them (Peacock butterflies) feeding on the Buddleia bush, so between, photographing butterflies, and the pruning I had a busy afternoon.    In fact, I also pruned a Cotoneaster that shelters the north end of the greenhouse:    I have much to do (in the garden) this autumn, and I am looking forward to doing it.   Last year was exciting, but a non event as far as the garden went, for me;  but this new hip has given me, and my secateurs, a new lease of life.    I may hit things with the ‘loppers’ next;  pruning, on a grand scale.  
 
Earlsferry beach in the afternoon
Jimmy had been along in the morning for a cuppa and we went up to Chapel green so that he could do his “Alice’s Seat” walk.    I took photographs of the tranquil scenes all around me... with some bonnie clouds in the background.    I intended going out on the bike in the afternoon but the roads were awfie busy... and I also got carried away with the butterflies, and pruning.    I thought I’d go out in the evening but the wind went round to the east, turning the air cooler .... so I stopped in Ivy and sorted out today’s photographs.    Yes ‘today’ has been an enjoyable day for me;   I hope it was for ‘you’ too!

I’m having an early night in bed, .... I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  it kind of
Peacock Butterflies
depends on how I’m feeling.    Jimmy fancied going out for a run in the car this afternoon, but I was in gardening mode by the time he came up with the idea, so we might do that tomorrow morning.
I had a nice surprise in the evening time, Heather and Alistair dropped in for a coffee, and we had an enjoyable evening catching with the ‘news’.     Both Heather and Alistair are good listeners.

Photographs : Top – The Ferry beach this morning, Middle – Earlsferry in the afternoon, and Bottom – Peacock butterfly.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....