Bonnie morning for being 'out and about' .....

24th August 2016 (Wednesday) .... 08.00    Feeling in a ‘playful’ mood this morning, I went down on the beach (at 05.45), to catch the sunrise;  which it did,
Sunrise time, today, at Elie
but was hidden behind low cloud ..... and, I’ve been up to Chapel Green on the bike.   Actually, I wasn’t the first on the beach today.... there were fresh ‘Man, and Dog Wednesday’ tracks on a virgin sand bank!    It was/is a bonnie morning for being out early;  and, it will be even ‘warmer and sunnier’ once the sun burns the cloud back.




21.30     The temperature in Ivy garden reached 22c at 14.00 .... and I had an attack of ‘the mauchless’.    There is only one known way to cope with ‘the mauchless’ (hereafter TM)... that is to have a siesta;   I did this.    When I woke up I got my book out and read until the air began to feel cooler.    This is ‘Bonnie Scotland’ and I am unaccustomed to having to take a couple of hours ‘out’ in the afternoon.    That said it was good to have another bonnie day, and the beach would be busy.
Lovely evening
I have been pruning a tree, on and off, most of the day;   the result of all this activity is that ‘broon bucket’ is fu’ tae the eyeballs,... luckily it’s the ‘bb’ this Friday.     I have decided to get rid of this tree.... it’s only supposed to be a wee tree, but it has ambitions of becoming a big one.... however, I have a 'plan';   I’ll cut it down to size, bore a couple of holes in it and pour ‘stump killer’ into the holes.    The ‘plan’ is to leave a stump of about six feet, with short branches sticking out to hang bird feeders on.
By evening time I was feeling ‘frisky’ again, and went up to Chapel Green on the bike to ‘potter around’.    It’s a lovely evening and lots of people were enjoying it, by way of walking .. or playing on the beach.     I nearly fell asleep on The Boss’s seat, it was so quiet.    The wind is from the East so we might have low cloud tomorrow morning...
Kellie Law from Chapel Green
this means I might not be getting out of bed at 05.30 to catch the sunrise at 06.02.... though I will look out, to see what the weather is like,  just in case.   We nearly had a bonnie sunrise this morning, with high clouds being lit up by the rising sun .... then a bank of low cloud moved in and obscured everything.

Photographs : Top – sunrise, Middle – folk enjoying the beach on a lovely evening, and Bottom – Kellie Law from The Boss’s seat.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....