Wall to wall cloudless sky ....

12th January 2021 (Tuesday)    08.00 ....  We have a beautiful, ‘wall to


wall’ cloudless sky .... but there is an early morning frost so it is cold.   It’s going to be a sunny day albeit a cold one.... so let’s get out and ...‘socially distancing’ .... enjoy it.   The frost will lift by mid morning.   I may hang out the washing then because it will freeze if I hang it out now.

21.00    It has been a bonnie day and I did get out on the bike.... well wrapped up so I was warm enough:   Except for my hands.   Every time I stopped and took my gloves off to take few photographs, my hands were freezin’.   There was a chilly breeze.... and I took a lot of photographs..... so I had cauld hands:     Having said that, I really did enjoy being out again.   There were still patches of ice in the shade so I only did the villages.   First thing in the morning I walked along to the West end of the beach.... then the camera battery packed in and I didn’t have the spare with me.


Before going out I had washed the kitchen, bathroom and lobby floors... and did a bit of ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ so.... between working biking and walking I am tired tonight.   Oh ...and I did some more research on the computer.  

The ‘News’ is all about the huge increase in COVID-19 cases around the country and resultant pressure on the NHS.   The vaccine is (hopefully) the magic potion to get us out of the mess and the vaccination programme is supposed to be up and running very soon, with the NHS Staff, Carers, vital workers, and over 80’s having had their first jab by the middle of February.   We over 80’s in the East Neuk, should begin to get notification of where and when we get our first jabs.   And yet I saw on the TV today that a Labour Peer (Baroness Bakewell) appears to think that she (and others), should have their second jabs before


most of the over 80’s have their first.   At least that’s how it came across to me.   I think she wants the gap between the first and second jabs to be shorter.

Tomorrow is going to be a rest day;  the forecast is ‘nae bad’.... though rain should come our way tomorrow evening and overnight, into Thursday.   I’m thinking of going for a longer walk tomorrow;  the icy patches are too many, and dangerous, for biking.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....