Breezy ....

11th January 2021 (Monday)      08.00 .... Hmmmmm.....   the sky is overcast

Elie Bay.

and there’s a brisk breeze from the WSW, but not cold.    It’s not warm either;  just not as cold as it has been lately.    I’ve been for the paper:    There’s not much happening down at the harbour.  I’ll take a walk to the beach after this update;  that will be my exercise for this morrrrning.

09.30    The sky is beginning to brighten .... in fact I saw some blue briefly;  we could have a reasonable, if breezy, morning.    There’s a ‘half gale’ blowin’ on the beach.... certainly the place to be if you want some fresh air.    There were a few spits and spots of rain in the wind at times, .... but not enough to dampen enthusiasm.... and I see more blue patches in the sky! 

16.30     We have the making of a wild evening;  the rain started in earnest (reached ‘normal’ by Scottish standards five minutes ago so it’s a braw evening for, finding something to watch on the tele, or work on the computer.... a little mix of both will be fine.    Luckily I fed ‘Blob’ about half an hour before the rain began.

Earlsferry from the Pony Field.

I had a walk up to the Pony Field in the middle of the day:  it’s as windy up there as it is on the beach.... but the view is different.   I met one lassie, out with her dog;  she had done the golf course bit and was going home via the beach, with the wind on her back.   It wasn’t as cold out as I thought it might be;  nonetheless I was glad to get back into Ivy and put the kettle ‘on’.    That reminds me.... I need a cuppa. 


21.30     In anticipation of a drying day tomorrow ‘The Boy’ has a washing going through the machine at this very minute.    When I hang it out in the morning it will be  unlikely to totally dry, but it might be dry
Links Road - Earlsferry.

enough to iron.   The heavy rain we had earlier appears to be petering out.    It is going to be sunny with a light breeze from the WNW... and is to be colder again.   I might get the bike out around midday.    No ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  we can’t have any adventurous ‘plans’ under lockdown .... so I’ll just potter around as the mood and weather takes me.... as long as it’s within 5 miles of Ivy, if I do go out.    



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....