Lovely morning ....

22nd January 2021 (Friday)      08.00....  It’s going to be a nice day so I have


a washing going through the machine;  it’s unlikely to dry because the daylight hours are too few, but at least it might ‘half dry’ because there is a nice breeze.      There could be a touch of frost come in with the sun, but at the moment it’s above freezing.   The ‘plan’ is to go for the paper and visit the harbour before hanging out the washing. 




14.00    We have one joyful boy in Ivy Cottage;  my washing is nearly dry... and I get my first COVID-19 jab on Wednesday (27th) at 09.45.   And  ....  there’s more ‘good news’;  I remembered to stop for my paper this morning after coming up from the harbour!    Oh ..... it’s cauld down there!


I went up to Kinneuchar (in the car) to have a wander round the kirkyard;  and take some more photos of the kirk and the Main street.  

The field of broccoli is being harvested just now and there is one mess of ‘glaur’ at the entrance to the fields.... and on a wee bit of the road, where the tractors cross from one field to the other.   After all that excitement I well ready to find something on the tele;   something that will lullaby me to sleep for half an hour or so. 

21.00     I found a programme to watch ..... but found it too interesting so I didn’t fall asleep.    It was about Lady Lovelace (Lord Byron’s daughter), a mathematician best known for her work, assisting Charles Babbage with his ‘Analytical Engine’, a mechanical ‘computer’, in the 19th century: fascinating stuff.    I imagine I will sleep well tonight not having had ‘50’ in the afternoon.   I’m in the mood for working now so I’ll make my chocolate Horlicks and do some typing.  

Tomorrow is going to be a bonnie day but never very warm;  but then it’s that time of


year.  However ....the days are slowly beginning to lengthen;  noticeable on bonnie days like today.

I’ve been thinking about the change in the climate that is endangering the whole planet.   There have always been changes in the climate, but this change is being made worse by human activity.   Surely one of the best ways to help would be stopping the ‘throw away’ culture of today.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....