My word ... what a sunrise

13th January 2021 (Wednesday)      11.30    I don’t know what a ‘whelm’ is,

25 minutes before sunrise.

but I was ‘swamped’ with them this sunrise;  it was spectacular.  And it’s still a gorgeous morning, though the sky is starting to cloud over from the West.   There’s rain mentioned in the weather forecast for our area today.... but not until later in the afternoon.... I should get out for a walk before then.   At the moment I’m still in state of excitement and in need of morning coffee!




21.00     I had a wander across the golf course in the afternoon:  it hasn’t been the bonniest (as in sunny) of days but I enjoyed a pleasant walk.... with plenty fresh air around.    I met Audrey (Maggie’s cousin) out for a walk with her son Robert ... I caught up with the Kinneuchar ‘News’, which is the same as ours.... “keep your heid doon” and stay safe.   Audrey and Robert headed off up towards Chapel Green and I came down the Ferry High Street.    When I got back to Ivy I discovered that I had taken 46 photographs....  so that gave me something to do.

The Ferry High Street.

Earlier in the afternoon I’d gone up to Colinsburgh to top up the car with fuel;  I have to g to the Adamson Hospital (Cupar) for a blood test on the 25th, so I thought I’d better make sure there’s enough fuel for the next couple of months in case this ‘lockdown’ situation is long pasting.   Anyway that has been taken care of.   Cupar seems a long way to go for a blood test, but that’s how it is just now;   I think it has to do with taking the pressure off the local GP surgeries.

I have enjoyed myself today;   the sunrise photos kept me busy until lunch time, after which I went to Colinsburgh.     My word Colinsburgh was busy;  well it wisnae really.... I saw Derek and Eileen going out for their afternoon walk.   It’s strange having to shout across the road to folk.... but these are ‘strange times’ indeed.    Audrey was telling me that an elderly person in Kinneuchar received her first ‘jab’ today;  it’s good to know that the vaccination programme has reached our area.

Having seen the weather forecast for tomorrow I think I might just hibernate for the

Another bit o' The Ferry High Street.

day.     It looks like we could wake up to rain/sleet/;  that said .... it might miss us.   It looks like the ‘plan’ for tomorrow might involve the computer and the kettle.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....