A lovely morrrrrrrning ....

18th January 2021 (Monday)     10.30 .... It’s a bonnie morning and, after a


slow start  because I worked late on the computer last night,  I am feeling spritely after a walk on the beach .... and a couple o’ cuppas.

I was talking to Marcia at the gate this morning and had been telling her that I hadn’t seen  ‘Blob’ (Bless his feathery butt) for a few days.    Marcia suggested that he might be ‘in love’;  well, Marcia continued on her way ... I turned round and there he was... ‘Blob’.  He’s not ‘in love’ (though he does have a romantic look about him this morning) and very much ruling the ‘Blob’ roost. And all the other roosts, in Ivy garden.

I’m orf to have another cuppa then I think I’ll contemplate getting the bike out, for a turn round the villages.... and to pick up a paper when I’m out.

The harbour this afternoon.

16.00     I didn’t get out until 14.00 by which time it was bitterly cold, so I went in the car.    Of course it was too late to get a paper but I did go to the harbour.  You’d think I’d know by now that the harbour is not the place to go with a cauld wind blowin’.... but to the harbour I went.   It wasn’t busy..... only one other walker,  the stone masons and Stewart.   I came home by way of Abercrombie as the Balbuthie road to Kinneuchar is ‘closed’;   the bad bit of road, at the east entrance, is finally being resurfaced.    I was glad to get back into Ivy.

21.00    I agree with Marcia.... I suspect that ‘Blob’ might be ‘in love’ right enough;  he has the ‘glaikit’ look that the male has when head over heels ‘in love’.    I biked from Balcarres to Kinghorn some summer evenings, just to look across the water to Edinburgh, where Maggie worked.    I never told Maggie I did that!   I moved to a job in Edinburgh.... it wisnae sae sair on the legs.

I’ve been looking at the weather forecast and I think tomorrow may well be the day that I


get the bike out.   Tomorrow KY9 should be sunny, but cold .... with only a light breeze.... and I still feel spritely, in spite of the cauld wind at the harbour.  



22.30    I’ve been  watching a programme about fishing in Cornwall for the last hour ....from Newquay,.... where Jim, Myra and I went for a week  in 2018.     It was fascinating to see how the different boats and families have adapted to the changes in their way of life, brought on by the COVID-19 crisis.    Now I’m thinking its bedtime book time.

     

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....