Early morning frost ....

31st  January 2021 (Sunday)      07.00 ....There’s been sleet/rain overnight


and it’s starting to freeze,  so the pavements and  sheltered bits of streets will be slippery, until the sun gets going:   having said that, the highest temperature is forecast to be only around 3c, even in the middle of the day.   There could be an interesting sky.... if shower clouds are around us.   I’ll have a slow daunder, along the beach, to the paper shop, in a wee while.

13.30   I did the ‘slow daunder’ along the beach but couldn’t go for the paper:  I forgot to don my rucksack.... that was required to carry the papers in.   After having looked it out.    Instead I went as far as the Breakwater, then retraced my steps to Ivy, had a cuppa, then biked for the paper.    The frost never developed into a hard frost, so nae icy patches on the roads or pavements.     I’d known, before I left Ivy Cottage, that the sunrise was never going to be visible, due to low cloud at that point of the compass.   However we had a bonnie sky with a lot of subtle colours;  I enjoyed it;  and the sun eventually ‘rose’ ,15 minutes after ‘sunrise time’.


21.30     This has been another day of interesting clouds and I have really enjoyed myself, having been out three times.   On the other hand, I feel guilty because I haven’t done any ‘work’ other than ‘play’ with some of the photographs I got today.

The third time I went out was at sunset time when I went up to the Pony Field and came home by way of the golf course.   By way of the golf course?..... I was meandering my way over the eighteenth fairway contemplating the sky when I heard someone shout.    I was the target of the said ‘shout’.   I hadn’t seen a couple of golfers on the eighteenth tee waiting for me to finish my meandering.     I don’t know how long they had waited but... well, most of you know me and will know that I go into a daydream when faced with a bonnie sky.     Sorry guys.... I’ll be more observant in future!

With today having been a ‘play day’ I had better do some work around Ivy Cottage


tomorrow.    ‘Light cloud with a gentle breeze’ is the forecast for KY9 tomorrow.   ‘Light cloud’ suggests an overcast sky as opposed to interesting shower clouds, so I might get some ‘work’ done, after I go for the paper.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....