Year 2021 ....

 

1st January 2021 (Friday)     07.30 .... “Hello and welcome” year 2021

My first photograph of 2021.

....we’re relying on ‘you’ being a good one!

The sun rises one minute earlier this morning.... Spring is just round the corner.   There’s a light touch of frost coming in with the dawn but it’s going to be a bonnie day.   I saw the New Year in then was in bed by 00.05.... asleep by about 00.10.    

Hogmanay was a muted celebration this year but I did enjoy a ‘Zoom’ meeting with ‘The Troops’,  then saw the New Year ‘in’ on BBC Alba.    

10.30    It’s a bonnie day;  definitely a get out to play day.    I went for the p0aper early, then had a cuppa in Ivy, before going to the beach to catch the sunrise.      Sunrise was never going to be visible due to low cloud  but I could see where it was happening.   I met Chris out with Skye .... then Marcia came along with one of the dogs, but otherwise the beach was quiet.    I’m going to have another cuppa then go out to play.

Redshank.

21.00     We can’t complain about this year’s weather;  it has been a lovely day..... and tomorrow is going to be the same;  only colder.

Taking advantage of the lovely weather, I went round the villages in the afternoon;   my word the villages were busy with walkers.... and folk going in for a swim at different points all along the beach.   Funnily enough I had intended going to the beach to get photos of the ‘Blue Tits’ going in on New Year’s day, but, being out on the bike I got diverted.     Apart from that I enjoyed my afternoon.   The intention was to go through Elie Estate but the bike battery was low:  I have a fully charged battery for tomorrow.

That’s the Festive Season over for another year.   I’d like to be able to say that I’ve taken

Falkland Hill.

down the Christmas tree but I can’t.... because it was never up (I didn’t fancy going up to the attic to bring the Christmas boxes down).  I enjoyed the Festive Season even though it was .... well ... ‘different’.   Being able to see, and speak, to all the Troops at a Zoom meeting was the big bonus.  

I’m having an early night in bed tonight .... being a tired ‘boy’ after a late night in bed (for me) last night.   Orf to make my bedtime mug of ‘orlicks.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....