Quiet, calm morning .....

 20th July 2024 (Saturday)   09.00 .... It's a really calm and peaceful morning, but .... there's a lot


of cloud and drizzle is mentioned in forecast.   At the moment it's a pleasant morning... dry and warm with sunny spells.   I might add;  it's also migraine weather!    As I can't go out on the bike, I'm thinking of going for a short wander to the beach after breakfast;  depending on how 'mauchless' it is.  

21.00    I've had an exciting day watching Stage 20 of le Tour.... the penultimate stage and a mountain one.   Tomorrow's stage is a Time Trial so I only watch it now and aging until the last hour.   Today's stage was thrilling from beginning to end with the top two competitors, Pogacar and Vingegaard, finishing first and second.   Brilliant afternoon, and an enjoyable 'rest' day.   I missed my afternoon sleep because of the race!

Yesterday's IT outage shows us what can happen when you put all your eggs in one basket;  in this case a global basket!    The problem is that we are already 'trapped' in an IT dominated world, and can expect more 'outages' big and small!


I must get up to go for the paper early tomorrow morrrrning;  and visit the harbour before the roads get busy.  Much as I'd like to, I'd better not go out on the bike... so it will be the car.   The forecast is 'good'.  The rain we have just now is going to move away by morning, to give us a day of 'sunny spells' with a moderate breeze.

It was 23C in Ivy garden in the middle of the afternoon.   A bit muggy but pleasantly warm.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....