Overcast with occasional drizzle ....

 3rd July 2024 (Wednesday)     09.00 .... The Fife Weather cams are all showing grey and


misty; with only the St Andrews cam showing a bit of blue sky (that cam points North).   The cloud should break up in the afternoon to give us a 'sunny spells' evening.   Stage 5 of  'The Tour' will be sunny so I'll enjoy the South of France.

13.00   I wrote today's morning update at 08.45.... then forgot to upload it.   Sorry aboot that.   Since then I have been to Leven, and Alice's for 'morning tea'.   The Bawbee Brig is 'open' .... but there are  temporary traffic lights at Scoonie roundabout (again).    Oh .... the sun is trying hard to break through!.... we might have a bonnie afternoon.

19.00   Mark Cavendish did it!   What did he do?   He finally broke the record for the most Stages won competing in the Tour de Franc.   He had been tied on 34 stage wins with Eddy Merckx (Belgian) for the past couple of years.   Other than the scenery, most of the sprint Stages of 'le Tour' are 'boring' to watch.... most of the action takes place in the final 15 kilometres.   Today's Stage was just 'another sprint Stage' until the last few hundred metres!   Brilliant finish.   I slept through most of the race but was wide awake for the last 30 kilometres.

Ivy garden flower!

A day 'mixed weather day' is ending bright and breezy.   If it wasn't so breezy I'd go out on the bike because it's warm in the sun .... but there's a lot of wind chill.   I'll wash the few dinner dishes then find something to watch on the tele.  

21.45    My blood must have turned tae watter.... I've had to turn the heating on.   This is summer time?   Tomorrow I'm staying 'in' and doing 'ousework!   Welll;  I might not bother wi' the 'ousework!   It has been a bonnie evening but definitely cool for the month o' July.


Tomorrow we have the General Election;  and Stage 6 of the Tour!    The weather is going to be much the same as it was today.... but windier in the afternoon;  so, if I'm going out biking it'll be in the
morrrrrrrrning.
The work on Ferry Road seems to be at a standstill;  it looks to me as if the job has been done as far as the 'hole' goes, but there might be work needing to be done at the Ferry Lodge end.   I'm off to make the 'orlicks and look for a book to read in bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Beautiful morning .....