Bright and breezy .....

4th July 2024 (Thursday)     "Happy Independence Day to all my friends in the US of A".

08.45 .... welll....  it's bright and breezy with the chance of blustery showers later.    At the moment the

wind is around F4, but is forecast to freshen to F7 - 8 in the middle of the day.... and there's a good chance of blustery showers.   Not a day for this 'auld boy' gaun oot on the bike!   The air feels more  like Autumn than the middle o' of summer.   

22.00    The workmen filled the hole in Ferry Road today, that leaves only the tarmac to do so we should have the road 'open' by the weekend.   What have I done today?    Welllll.... let me think.   (I'll put the kettle 'on' while I think).    I remember;  I did some 'ousework.   When 'JB' was here we decided that I needed cleaning stuff.... and I now have enough different cleaning stuff to do a small Hotel.   This morning I thought I'd have a 'play' with some of it in the kitchen.    I actually enjoyed doing that.   I have  packets o' fancy coloured cloth's, 'J' cloth's and different squirters.... loads o' stuff to 'play' with.     That passed a good bit of the morning. 

During my lunch break I wrote a shopping list because I'd decided to take a run along to' The Store (Ainster).   Catriona was working at the checkout:  Catriona is a daughter of one of the lassies that I worked with at the Craw's Nest.   I asked her how 'Mum' was, and was shocked when she told me her 'Mum'  had died 5 years ago.   (I was most likely down in Sussex when this happened).   Marion was a lovely lady, always happy and smiling.... and she had a bonnie smile.  She helped make work enjoyable.   I left the shop in a state of  shock.


Tomorrow is 'green' bucket day but my bucket is only half full so I'll leave it until the next green bucket day (4 weeks).   With the road being 'closed' the bucket cairt can't do the Ferry Road buckets unless you take them up to the phone box or down to Ferry Corner.   If I do change my mind I'll see how I feel in the morning.   It's a bit cauld tonight.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Beautiful morning .....