Nice morrrrrning .....

31st July 2024   (Wednesday)    08.45 .... It's bright and sunny with a light breeze from the NW....

Janice and Michael (in the middle of photo).
there's actually an autumnal feel to the air;  I'd better check the trees to see if the leaves are changing colour!    It was really warm last night (certainly not autumnal) which meant another restless night.    I'm as organised as I can be for Michael and Janice coming... the train arrives at Leuchars about 15.30.   Slight 'Flap On' now.... got to have breakfast before I do a shopping.

21.00    I've a relaxing day... and feel the best I've felt for about six weeks.    I had a quick trip to the Store to buy foodstuff, then a quiet run home via the 'back roads' (Arncroach).    I then had '50' before setting off for Leuchars to meet the Aiberdeen train at 15.34.   The the road between Cairnie crossroads and Peat Inn is being resurfaced so there are speed restrictions in place.   Most people were sticking to around the recommended speed, but there are always the few who totally ignore them, and rush past, scattering stones and dust everywhere.   Any way I got there, with 10 minutes to spare, so wandered from the Car Park, over the railway bridge to the platforms.   As I mentioned above this has been the best day for a while and I actually enjoyed wandering over the bridge to meet Janice and Michael.   Michael drove on the way home, and I sat in the front seat and photographed .   It's the first time that I have done the Strathkinnes road.

Leuchars Station bridge.

Janice and Michael made dinner... sausages peas and tautties and, my word it was delicious.   Lately I have been but more 'ready meals' rather than doing my own;  but 'home cooking' is by far the best if you can do it.... and I can;  now that I'm feeling better.

This is the kind of weather we need for the next couple of months;  to build us up for winter.    Vitamin 'D' is what I need now that I'm not going out on the bike so much.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....