Overcast with drizzle ....

13th July 2024 (Saturday)     09.00 .... It's a peaceful, but damp and grey  morning;  not the best of

weather for Elie Fayre Day;  hopefully it will  improve by the afternoon.   The actual forecast isn't promising;  unfortunately the easterly breeze is bringing the dampness in from the North Sea.   As for me ....I 'm feeling "bright, but not quite breezy" after a long night's sleep.   I didn't wake up until 07.30. so I'm feeling guilty because I overslept!    Jackie will be going to St Andrews in a wee while:  the 'Scottish Classical Guitar Retreat' finishes on Sunday evening.

17.30    Welllll .... the weather might have been boring but 'le Tour' wasn't.    Stage 14 was another mountainous one....this time in the Pyrenees.... ending with a summit finish.   Tadej Pogocar had a well deserved win, and increased his time gap over the defending Champion Jonas Vingegaard, and it looks like he will be hard to beat ....barring accidents of course.   It has been a 'long day in the saddle' and I am tired after all that climbing.    I did think of going up to the 'Fayre Day' but remembered that parking in Elie is hard to find;  so I've had a 'rest day'.   I did the 'ooverin', ironing and  and tidying up.... but nothing very strenuous. 


20.30    I only went to the garden and front gate with the camera today;  and when I did go out it was drizzling.   Jackie is off to the 'Guitar Retreat'  (St Andrews) for an evening session:  they cram a lot into the six days;  that said... they do use the whole day.

I'm going to have a shower and get into my loungers then see if there's anything to watch on the tele.   When I think about it, I have had my TV quota viewing for the day;  'le Tour was on for 5 hours.   I'll have an easy evening working on some photographs instead of more TV.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....