Lovely warm morning ....

19th July 2024 (Friday)    08.00.... It's a beautiful morrrrrrrrrning and I am seriously tempted to

get the bike out!..... but I won't;  which is really frustrating.   Anyway we have a beautiful summer like morning.... even the temperature is near enough where it should be in July.   We're due a decent spell of summer weather.

17.00    It has been a really nice summer's day;  I was out without a woollie hat!   After an early morning migraine I went to Methil to have morrrrrning tea with Alice, then go to Leven to get a couple of items from B & M's then onto Sainsbury's.   It was very warm and mauchless at this time.    We then went back to Alice's to have lunch:  and that included a new and tasty, version of Eton Mess!    We then had coffee before I bumbled my way back to Ivy.
I keep on about how busy the roads are now;  I think today was the busiest I have ever seen the A915: there was a steady stream of traffic both ways.... including cyclists.  It certainly was a bonnie day for biking.... and the beach!  


21.00   I've been thinking about the cyclists on the main road this morning.... and I've been there  loads o' times when I used to bike all over the place, and that was before the roads became congested with traffic.   What we need now, if we're really thinking 'green'  and healthy, is a network of proper cycle ways all over the UK.  There could be campsite/hostels on the routes, with charging points for electric bikes; a modern version of the 'Youth Hostels' and a proper safe system of cycle ways and  'Pilgrim Trails', by bike.... or foot.      OK I'm dreamin.... but it would be a good thing.    Yes it would cost a lot  but, we have squandered money on plenty 'pie in the sky schemes':  lets do something good for a change.   Oh ....I am of course ever so slightly biased towards biking! 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....