Dull and wet ....

26th May 2024 (Sunday)    09.00 .... The sky is overcast with spells of drizzle blowing through on


a
cold ENE wind;  not a morning for the beach   The afternoon will be brighter once the cloud breaks up, but there will be the chance of showers .... and it's always going to feel cool in the brisk wind.   I won't be going out on the bike. 

19.38    After breakfast I decided to sally forth and visit Alice.   By this time the 'light rain' mentioned in the forecast had arrived.   I was looking forward to the 'sunny spells' in the afternoon.  
As is normal nowadays the roads were busy:  it looked and sounded like a lot of younger drivers were heading for Crail aerodrome to slither about on the old runway.   I think it is called the 'Crail Bash'.  
The temporary  traffic lights at Upper Largo were a nuisance... but I was only held up for 5 minutes.   So not that bad as temp traffic lights go.   However the Bawbee Brig is open so no hold up there.    I arrived at Alice's just before 10.00 and enjoying a much needed cuppa.   The bit of sky above Methil was brighter than the bit we had above  'Royal Burgh' one, and the light rain a bit lighter.

Alice and I put the world to rights... again!   I was in 'alert ' mode, watching for 'Meals on Wheels' arriving at Alice's neighbour on the other side of the cul-de-sac.   A stressful job that required another cuppa!   By the time 'meals on wheels' arrived across the road Alice had made our lunch, Main Course (fish with broccoli in a cheese sauce), with Strawberry Cheesecake for sweet followed by coffee.  Methil was basking in sunshine when I set off for home;  and I was looking forward to having a run round the villages on the bike!

On the way home I went into Lidl's and bought a few vital necessities.... mostly real food.   I yielded to temptation a couple o' times;  actually that isn't bad for me.   As I mentioned above Methil was basking in sunshine when I left;  Elie and Earlsferry was basking in heavy rain when I arrived back at Ivy.   So nae run round the villages on the bike.... and I got wet carrying in the messages.

The traffic didn't get held up a hold up at all in Upper Largo on the way home;  the traffic lights weren't working.

22.00     I'm going to have an especial visitor tomorrow;  Henry (Great Grandson) is coming;  with Emily and John (Mum and Dad) round about lunch time!   We have an excited Great Grandad!    Slight 'Flap On' tomorrow morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning;  must run roond wi' the 'oover.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....