Misty and damp....

19th May 2024 (Sunday)    08.45 .... Everything is wet after a night of heavy mist.... and it's still


misty and damp.   I can't work up any enthusiasm for this kind of morning;  however, the sun will eventually burn the mist off; I'm enthusiastic about that ....but it might take a while.   West is the place to be this morrrrning.   

19.00   The sun didn't really get going until 14.00;  not only did it make me feel brighter,  the temperature went up a couple of degrees!.... but it was never really warm exposed to the cold Easterly wind.   I said the 'West' was the place to be so West I went;  all the way to Methil to visit Alice.    Methil felt slightly warmer than Ferry Road did... but not much.  For some reason Alice does 'happy' most of the time... and 'happy' is contagious.   We had a cuppa  then Alan (Alice's son in law) arrived on his bike, so we had another cuppa and a good old natter.   Alan went off to do some shopping in Leven, and Alice produced a lunch that she had prepared earlier.... a very tasty Chicken Chasseur, followed by a favourite sweet....a 'nae calorie' 'Eton Mess'.   That girl spoils me.  We then had a mug o' coffee before I set off for home, after a relaxing few hours.  

I've had ' a sandwich 'dinner', now I'm wondering if I could manage a hirple to the beach.  I'll see how I feel after another cuppa.   


20.30   I've been to the beach.... I'll now have the cuppa that I meant to have before going to the beach.  It's nice evening but the East wind clobbered my breathing so I never got further than  Nana's seat.   I should have thought about that before I went.  Anyway I enjoyed the wee bit exercise, but it was hard work coming home.  I'm going to have that cuppa now!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....