Nice morning .....

8th May 2024 (Wednesday)     08.45 .... It's a lovely quiet morrrrrrning;  the sky is the  sky is

'Katherine Bank'.

overcast but not threatening rain by the look of it.  There's a light breeze from the West so it's much warmer than it was yesterday;  and we should get sunny spells in the afternoon.  I'm thinking of going round the Ferry on the bike to flatten the battery, then charge it and go for a longer run in the afternoon.   

I've been admiring a crop of dandelions in the front rhone;  now I'm contemplating getting the ladder out.   A couple of years ago I wouldn't have had to 'contemplate';  I'd have cleared the rhones.   I think it's called 'old a ...  er... not being as young as I was!  That reminds me;  66 years ago on this date I arrived at Aldershot to begin  National Service;  with, as I was to find out, two most exciting and enjoyable years ahead of me.

I've had a look at the ladder;  and got the bike out!    I might have another look at the dandelions later!

14.30   It's a beautiful, warm and sunny, afternoon;  and I enjoyed a bike run up to Chapel Green.   The bike battery is being charged just now.  It takes three and a half hours to fully charge from empty and should be ready to go in another hour or so.   Tomorrow is forecast to be another good day.... in

fact the next few days are 'good' ;  so I might leave the longer bike run until tomorrow.   What I have done is remove the dandelions from the rhone.   In fact I am now contemplating cleaning out the whole length of rhone;  that would mean using the two part ladder and would involve more ladder climbing.  More contemplating is required before I do that.   I found that if I pace myself I can do it...  over a much longer period of time. 

22.30   Having just seen the weather forecast for the next few days  I'm thinkin' that I'd better unearth the  sun cream.  We're to have a few days of sunshine.... and higher temperatures.   I should get out on the bike on a few days in succession.... something I haven't been able to do for a long time!    It was great being able to sit on Maggie's Seat, without a cold wind, for a change today;  and  the bike charged is fully battery now, allowing me to go a bit further tomorrow.... but I won't overdo it.  We're going to have some 'light rain' overnight but it should have passed over us before breakfast time.... so I'll go out in the middle of the morning;  I'm thinking of Elie Estate and the fresh greens of Spring.

I've had an enjoyable day .... and a busy(ish) one.   After some contemplating, I've decided to leave  cleaning out the rhones until 'JB' comes in the summer.   Working with the big ladder on my own, might be a step too far. 






Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....