Overcast with drizzle ....

4th May 2024 (Saturday)    08.30 .... It's a peaceful kind of morrrrrrrrrring;  low cloud has



drifted 
in from the North Sea overnight with drizzle, but there's only a light breeze (ENE) so its wet.... but not cold.   All the Fife Weather cams are showing low cloud and dampness at present, but the light rain/drizzle should stop by the middle of the day.   Sunny spells aren't mentioned in the forecast, but we might get lucky be the end of the afternoon....pollen levels will be low!    I'll have a mix of writing/ research and watching the snooker World Championship, from the Crucible, Sheffield.  Busy day ahead.

17.00    The sky appears to be brightening up now, but most of the day it has been overcast..... and dry.  I took advantage of the drizzle moving away and had a walk down to, and along the bents.   The villages see to be busy, with more people walking on the beach than I expected;  it wasn't the bonniest of days, but at least it wasn't windy ad cold.  It was actually a good day for the camera;  atmospheric in a misty kind of way.   I left the beach and went up Siward Lane to Williamsburgh, into Rotten Row and onto the golf course at the Thistle Clubhouse.


I spotted three golfers leaving the second green and planned to catch them teeing off and coming down the third.    Which is 'iggzactly' what I did!   What I didn't see until I got back home to download the photographs was that Brian (my brother) was one of the golfers!  When I'm looking through the viewfinder I don't see who is in the picture; I wait for folk  to wander to where I want them to be.

19.30   The brighter weather never arrived.... not as sunny spells anyway.  Tomorrow should be brighter after midday;  the morning could be cloudy with light rain.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....