Quiet morning ....

22nd May 2024 (Wednesday)    08.45 .... It's a nice quiet kind of morning, but there's a


heavily 
overcast sky and the promise of thundery showers in the afternoon.   At the moment we have a light breeze from the NE, but it's dry.... and not cold:  Actually, I might go out on the bike after breakfast.   There was a scattering of lightning strikes out on the North Sea last night, and up on the North West of Scotland.... but those storms have all faded away.   We might have some lightning with the thundery showers forecast.  Showers are hit or miss so, with a bit of luck they will miss us.

15.15   Colin and Sue biked along from St Monans (where they are staying (in their caravanette) to say 'cheerio' before they set off on their travels tomorrow.  We thought about going to 'The Pav' for morrrrrrrning coffee but  I was feeling slightly under the weather;  so we had a cuppa and biccies at Ivy.  Colin sorted out my Skype (I was able to get Skype form him and he was able to receive me in the garden) ... so I should be able to connect with 'M' (New Zealand) this evening.   Colin is 'M's son and Sue his partner.   It was brilliant seeing them again but sad to wave 'cheerio' when the set of for St Monans:  the rain had started by this time, but not as heavy as was forecast.   I think there must be thunder somewhere not too far away as I have a 'thundery' feeling head.  In fact I'll have a look at the lightning strike site right now... "back in five".   

It's as I suspected;  there has been thunder storms and lightning strikes along the Central Belt, the nearest being at Stirling.  That explains why I felt UTW when I went out on the bike this morning.   (I turned back when I was halfway down to the harbour).  I'll time have a cuppa and a couple of pills.   We've had steady rain since 12.30 but no thunder.

Most of the afternoon I have been watching the former CEO of the Post Office, Paula Vennels, being questioned about how much she knew,  about what was going on during her time at the Post Office. 

20.30   It has been a wet afternoon and it's still raining.  I think it's going to be with us all night and most of tomorrow... but not as 'heavy'.   There won't be much in the way of dust.   Assuming that the roads aren't flooded, I'll do the weekend shopping. 

 21.45   At last we've got a date for the General Election and can now look forward to weeks of boring politicians on the TV;  each one delivering their official Party codswallop.   That said it will be interesting to see what we end up with for a Government on the 5th July.  The 5 th July is Maggie's birthday so I'll be eating cake up at Chapel Green!... regardless of what happens at Westminster.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....