Overcast ....

20th May 2024 (Monday)     08.00 .... Although the sky is heavily overcast just now, it should clear


by mid morning to give us a sunny but cool drying day!   Today's 'plan' is to do a washing and make cottage pies for freezing.   I'll set up the slow cooker after breakfast, and .... after that's set up and 'on' I'll go out on the bike.

10.00    This is me sitting down for only my second cuppa of the day due to my having been highly active!   The washing is on the line, the slow cooker going with the mince and veg mix for the cottage pies; and the dishes used washed, and put away.   I've come to the conclusion that the bug I had a couple of months ago was COVI, because is affected me in the same way as the first time ... when I had to contact Gil (Asthma Nurse).   I have been sleeping more than usual (even for me).  Oh... and my brain has been sluggish. Thankfully I'm able to do hard Sudoku's again, and feel almost back to where I was before the recent 'bug'.   I go for the the COVID booster jab, on 16th June, at the Randolph Wemyss.

I'm going to have another cuppa before going out on the bike.   The sky is much lighter and there's only a light breeze... so a good day for biking.  Maybe not a good for drying the washing!


13.30   We have a beautiful day now, and I've been out on the bike.   Unfortunately I forgo to check the camera card before going out and only got 29 photos before the 'Card Full' notice came up.   Luckily I'd reached where I wanted to be but only got a couple from that vantage point.   Anyway, the card has been emptied and I'll go out after siesta time; which will happen in about five minutes!

20.30   This is the time of years when the countryside looks really bonnie;  and, with the weather being amenable I'm enjoying it!   'Siesta time' lasted longer than usual, so I didn't go out on the bike again.... but I have done more 'work' than I've done for a while.   I got six 'ready meals for the freezer and today's dinner out of the slow cooker, and stripped and made up the bed.  That's getting to be a sair job but I can still do it.
The weather forecast for tomorrow is 'good';  there's the chance of showers in the afternoon.  Unfortunately Wednesday, Thursday and Friday could be 'damp' so I intend going out early tomorrow, then charge up the battery and go out again in the afternoon.   After today's efforts tomorrow will be a 'play day'..... but I'll have a washing on the line.   
It was good seeing our politicians agreeing about something today: sad to see it's another 'Post Office Type' scandal. 
Makes you wonder just what goes on at board meetings.  
 I can't put photographs up on my own FB page because the History Society page has taken over.   I've emailed Graham to have it fixed.   This happened once before and I was able to fix it but not this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....