Early morning fog .... ....

15th May 2024 (Wednesday)     08.00.... once the fog lifts we should  have a 'sunny and warm' day;


but, with a breeze coming from the North Sea, it might be cool on the beach, or anywhere out in the open.  I don't think I'll be biking until the afternoon.   At the moment the sun is trying hard to burn off the fog;  I'm thinkin' we should have sunny spells' by mid morning.

09.00   The breeze has moderated, the sun has broken through and we have warm sunny spells;  I might go out on the bike after I see how frequent the sunny spells are.   The garden thermometer was at 16C a few minutes ago.   I'll have another cuppa.

21.00  Well;  'The Boy' has had a busy, and exciting day!   After I had the 'cuppa', mentioned above, I got the bike out and  photographed my way to the harbour, then through Elie Estate, on what by now, a sunny and warm day.  I had wrapped up for the bike;  which is fine when you're actually biking.... but too hot when  admiring the scenery.   And we have a lot of scenery to admire.  The Horse Chestnut trees are already in flower ... and most of them are heavy with flowers ('candles').   The loch has it's resident swans dotted around the edge near their nesting sites.   Yes all is very Spring/early Summer like.  In total I was out for an hour and a half;  and took a load of photographs.


Back at Ivy I had a light lunch, before starting to sort out today's crop of photos.   Suddenly I thought I heard a knock at the door.... then I heard it again:  it was someone at the door.   Who could this be?  Well... you could have knocked me down with a feather.... it was Colin and Sue from New Zealand!  A big 'Thank You' to everyone who helped get them to Ivy Cottage;  I think it was Nicola who eventually told them where it was.  (A lot of people know me but not many know where I live).   Many of you will know that I 'skype' "M" in New Zealand;  Colin is "M"'s son and Sue his partner.   We had a good old 'catch up' (it was brilliant listening to the New Zealand 'twang' again).  Sue and Colin are holidaying in their vintage VW caravanette.... and biking around the areas they 'moor' up at;  and catching up with their UK friends.

I've been having difficulty connection on Skype but we managed to connect perfectly tonight.   All is good out in New Zealand.... and in 'Bonnie Scotland'.  

We could have early morning mist again tomorrow.... and there's the chance of light rain showers. 

Colin and Sue.

However it should be brighter in the afternoon.... and warm.   I don't have a 'plan' for tomorrow;  if it is damp in the morning I might do my weekend shopping.





Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....