Very damp .....

23rd May 2024 (Thursday)    08.00 .... After a night of rain, the sky is still overcast, with spells of


heavy(ish) rain, so not a morning for the bike.   At times the sky looks promising but only fleetingly;  at least it isn't raining all the time.... and the pollen count is low.   This could be a good day to go shopping, or work on the computer.   

09.30    I've had a wander out to the garden, and come to the conclusion that it's too wet to go up to Elie (in the car).... but I might, after I have an early 'morrrrrrrrrrning coffee.   There is much dreichness this morning so I won't be havin' the coffee outside.


15.30   It hasn't been a day for going out but I eventually decided to go up to the 'Paper Shop' and Barnett's the Baker.  That reminds me I bought a couple o' scones and I'm having a cuppa:  a scone wi' Strawberry jam would be very tasty.   Back in '5'.   I'm back;  with a brown scone and spread with honey.   Yes ... it is tasty.   Now where was I?   Oh aye:  I've been watching Paula Vennels (former CEO of The Post Office) being questioned  at the Post Office Inquiry. I've heard  the saying 'the buck stops here' many times! .... and always wondered where the 'buck' started from.   Oh.... I have done some work on the computer, but mostly this has been a 'rest day'.


17.45   It looks like Saturday will be the next 'sunny' day; and probably the next one when I go biking.  Tomorrow is going to be wet in the morrrrrrrning, with sunny spells moving across in the afternoon.   I have to admit that I am not a fan of this damp weather.   Luckily the weather is going to improve for the weekend... which is a Bank Holiday weekend so we can expect Elie and Earlsferry to be busy. 

21.30   Well it has not been the best of weather today but tomorrow is going to be brighter.  The TV News Channels will be taken over by 'honest and truthful' politicians, telling us how good their Party is, and how bad the others are.  The Party Leaders are already at it:  Ye Gods....six long weeks of repetitive bilge.  
'Nae plan' for tomorrow morrrrrrrrning;  but I might go out when the sunny spells arrive around midday. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....