Lovely morrrrrrrrrrrning ....

9th May 2024 (Thursday)     08.30 .... The sun is shining at Lochgelly, the light overnight rain has 

moved away to the Southeast, 'bloo' sky is moving our way, from the West (Lochgelly etc), on a moderate westerly breeze;  sunny spells should be with us shortly.   This is going to be a 'rest and play' day for me;  I'm looking forward to going out on the bike!

10.45   I went to Elie (in the car) to pick up my prescription and met Moira who updated me on the 'croach News.  I had a quick visit to the harbour, then home;  forgetting that I meant to stop to pick up the paper.   I'll do that when I'm out on the bike.   It's cloudier than I thought it would be..... I was expecting loads of 'bloo' sky by now.   It's also breezier, with a little bit of wind chill.  

22.00    The sky eventually cleared and we had a lovely warm afternoon;  in fact it was hot  later in the afternoon.   I went up to Elie on the bike, through through Elie Estate to catch the fresh greenery.  I must have gone out at the right time because it was quiet everywhere.   Very restful in;  in fact I could have fallen asleep on one of the seats at the Breakwater.  The loch was peaceful.... Swans dotted around the edge near their nesting sites, a mother Mallard with three ducklings at the boathouse, and various ducks and gulls scattered around the loch.  A peaceful corner of the Planet!

Sycamore tree near Elie House.

Tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day.... .and I plan to go out in the morrrrrrning rather than the afternoon;  it seems that my body regards afternoons as 'rest and recuperate' time.  Right enough, when I was out this afternoon I could have fallen asleep anywhere, not just on the seat at the Breakwater.   I am naturally a 'morning person'.... so I'll be out tomorrow morning.   After the morning 'rush hour'.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....