Beautiful morning....

10th May 2024 (Friday)    08.15 .... we have a sunny and warm  morning, and we're going to have


to get used to it for the whole day;  it's sun cream day even though there is  some light cloud about.   At the moment there's a light breeze from the southwest, but that is backing Easterly so there could be a light breeze 'aff the watter' in the afternoon.   It's a 'play day' and I will be out on the bike after 'morning coffee'.   

16.30    This has been the best day of weather we've had for a long time (21C on the garden thermometer).   As 'planned' I went out on the bike.... the idea being to go for a longer run than yesterday.   I decided to start by making Chapel Green my first stop.  In fact it ended up being my only stop;  I was enjoying the sunshine so much that I just moved from one seat to another .... taking a load of photographs on the way round.  There was hardly a breath o' wind so the cliffs were reflected in the mirror like water;  all very peaceful.   Susie, a neighbour of Myra's in Glover's Wynd (alias Toblerone Row) came by;  also enjoying the bonnie weather.   We chatted for a while, took a few photos, then went our separate ways. 


 I went back to the first 'seat' I'd stopped at (Maggie's), took more photos as the light had changed by this time, so I  moved another couple of times;  eventually deciding to go back to Ivy because it was lunch time.

21.00    My face has the rare feeling of being slightly sunburnt after my morning in the sun:  and tomorrow is going to be another day of sunshine.  I've unearthed the sun cream.  If I do go out on the bike it will be in the Elie direction .... and earlier than I went out today.   

The workmen arrived this afternoon to 'grout' the first section of the patio  .... the patio can be used after a few days; once the 'grout has cured.  I have a few, small 'bits and pieces in the wee shed, that I'll remove before they come back.   I'd like the wee shed to be more or less totally empty so that they can move it, to lay patio slabs where it stands.... then move it back when the job is done. 
It's all very exciting.

22.15   A few weeks of this sunny weather would be very welcome;  however this is not the first week of a long spell of sunshine, according to the weather forecasters.  I'll be out enjoying the sun again tomorrow!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....