Nice, fresh morning...

29th May 2024 (Wednesday)    08.30 .... It's a lovely morning but there's a cool NE breeze;  not a

biking morning for 'the boy'.   I've been for the paper (and got it), then visited the harbour (in the car).   The chilly breeze didn't stop one hardy swimmer.... but the temperature around me seemed to drop about 5 degrees all of a sudden.  There's a lot of cloud around at present, but we do have a 'sunny spell' now and again: I might get out on the bike if the sun gets going.   The weather forecast for the afternoon is  "thundery showers and a gentle breeze".

09.00    There's a diversion at the 'Ferry Corner';  the road to Elie is 'Closed'.   I don't know where, or how long it's going o be 'Closed':  I might have a wander down after breakfast.   They're fixing the leak at the Ferry Corner.

14.30    We've had plenty of heavy shower clouds all around us but, so far, only a few spits and spots have  actually landed;  although by the look of the sky just now, that could be about to change.   And I was thinking of going biking!    There's a thunderstorm building up south of Edinburg.... and a single lightning strike off Montrose;  so the thundery showers could be accompanied by thunder.   Never mind ....I've got an ironing to do;  that's the next mission.   After a cuppa.


21.00    It has been a wet old evening, and it looks like the rain has settled in for the night:  I'll settle down in front of the tele after this update.. if I can find something to watch. Politicians dominate the 'News' with their 'Party'  bilge.... and.... the Prime Minister with that American Presidential style purposeful walk;  that gets right under my skin.   Why can't he do things the good old British way':  instead of looking like he's making a boring 'advert'!   Sadly  the 1980's brought the end of 'Great' Britain. 

At long last I've got the The Gannet picture I've been trying to catch for years:  the powerful look as the birds take off  after a 'snack'.    I've taken many shots of them but the one above is the first time it I've been lucky enough to catch the bird as I wanted it.  Gannets are (to me) the most elegant, powerful and beautiful of all birds .... and the way they plunge dive to feed is spectacular.   Anyway I finally got the photo I've been after for yonks.   Who is a happy boy tonight?.... Alber' is!   I'll get a canvas print of that one.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....