Nice morrrrrrrrning .....

12th May 2024 (Sunday)    09.15 ....It's a bright and breezy morning with a cool southeasterly


wind... and light rain showers are forecast for later in the afternoon.   I didn't go out on the bike because of the cold wind.   The beach is not the place to be this morning; it will be warm away from the wind... so I'm going to visit Alice, who is back from her trip to North Berwick with Izzy.  It might be slightly warmer in Methil.

20.30    Funnily enough Methil didn't feel as cold as the wind blowing up Ferry Road did this morning;  but there is a change on with the weather.   I went to the 'paper shop' to get the paper (Sunday Post)  then to Methil.   The volume of traffic on the roads, travelling in both directions, surprised me yet again: the traffic on he East Neuk roads, even the quiet 'back' roads, has massively increased in the past few years.... and I still can't get used to it!   Anyway I arrived at Alice's, well ready for a cuppa.    Barbara (one of Alice's neighbours) came (bearing gifts ...alias 'goodies') and we chatted for an hour and a bit, covering various subjects:  including the Eurovision Song contest.   Maggie and I gave up watching that many years ago (when 'politics' crept into the 'voting') .... but Barbara caught some of it.   Apparently it's even more 'political' than ever.   


After Barbara went home (the other side of the street) Alice made lunch (she spoils me) which included 'Eton Mess' for sweet.   The diet?   It starts (again) tomorrow.

I've had a 'thundery headache' most of the afternoon so I looked up the lightning Detection site and discovered that there are thunder storm up the West coast from Wales to Skye.   The most active area just now is the North West of England (Cumbria).   So far the nearest strike to us, has been at Lochgelly... and off Dunbar.  The active storm area seems to be travelling towards Edinburgh.  

You can see from the photo that we (Gromit and me) made use of the patio yesterday!    I had ice cream followed by a cuppa; Gromit had to make do with fruit because I didn't have any Wensleydale cheese!  He was not a 'happy boy dawg!

22.00    The thunder storms are moving towards Edinburgh and could drift our way;  the nearest lightning strike is just off Crail.   There is  Yellow warning out for thunder activity until 03.00 tomorrow morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....