Lovely morning .....

30th May 2024 (Thursday)     08.30 .... we have a beautiful morning;  and it's going be a bonnie


day;  in fact we are in for a few days of summer like weather.   The heavy rain we had  has been mopped up by a warm sun and a light breeze;  a good drying day!   I'm going to do a washing before going to Leven to do a shopping.   If the weather turns out as forecast, this is going to be a 'play weekend':  the villages will be busy.

21.00    It has been sunny and warm...a really bonnie summerlike day;  and the weekend is forecast to be even better!    When I went to Leven the roads were very busy so I imagine that they will be even busier if the weather is as forecast.  Although I had thought about doing a shopping I didn't;  the 'Disabled' parking places at Lidl's were all occupied, and I can't get the car door opened wide enough to get out in the normal spaces.   However the second part of today's plan went perfectly:  I had morning coffee with Alice and we went out for lunch.   We'd planned to go to 'Agenda' but the car park was full and the parking n the street too far for me to 'walk'.   Our normal place for 'eating out' is the local kirk but the

cook is unwell;  hence 'Agenda'.  Eventually we went to a Café about 200 metres from Alice's HQ and had a beef burger with all the trimmings.... and a mug o' tea.   Very enjoyable;  the diet starts again tomorrow.  We went back to Alice's and had a cup o' coffee: Alice's friends, Ruby and George arrived, and, after introductions we chatted before they set off to visit Marilyn, a neighbour of Alice's a  friend of Ruby and George's.   Busy old day.

Back at Ivy (about 14.30) I had a quick cuppa before settling down for a short nap;  which lasted just over an hour.    Longer than normal: I have been really tired for the past few days.   This weekend is going to be a 'rest weekend'.

It was such a bonnie evening that I got the bike out and went up to Chapel Green;  I wish I'd taken a mug o' coffee with me it was one of those quiet relaxing evenings.   Tomorrow I intend to going out

early for the paper, and empty the bike battery, so that I can have a fully charged battery for Saturday. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....